WHO WE AREMichael Baker International is a leading provider of architectural, engineering and consulting services, including design, planning, environmental, construction and program management. The company provides its comprehensive range of services and solutions to support U.S. federal, state, and municipal governments, foreign allied governments, and a wide range of commercial clients. Michael Baker’s more than 3,000 employees across nearly 100 locations are committed to a culture of innovation, collaboration and technological advancement to help solve challenges for clients and communities throughout the country. To learn more, visit https://mbakerintl.com/.CIVIL & ENVIRONMENTAL PRACTICEMichael Baker International’s civil engineering professionals manage and staff active projects in over 40 countries on five continents. Services are provided for a broad range of projects and capabilities, including highways, airports, bridges, rail and transit systems, government and commercial facilities, water and wastewater infrastructure, oil and gas infrastructure, and commercial/urban development. Our fields of expertise span all areas of civil engineering and include an extensive variety of specialty disciplines, such as environmental compliance and restoration, coastal engineering, urban development, and mining.Michael Baker International is seeking a successful Senior Geotechnical Engineer with 10+ years Transportation design and construction experience for our Moon Township, PA office. DESCRIPTIONThe successful candidate will work in applying geotechnical engineering techniques, procedures and principles on a variety of civil and geotechnical engineering projects while supporting our project team and client base that we service on a local, national, and international basis. Typically, our projects involve supporting our clients within the Transportation, Commercial Development, Industrial and Energy market sectors. While a Senior Geotechnical Engineer will work mainly at Transportation (aviation, highway, bridge, roadway and rail) projects, he/she will have the opportunity to work on a variety of civil and geotechnical engineering projects including Water (dams, levees and other water retention structures), Commercial Development, Industrial and Municipal Solid Waste, Oil and Gas Pipeline as well as Coal Combustion Residuals (CCRs) disposal facility closure and remediation. The duties of a Senior Geotechnical Engineer will consist of the following:
- Prepares geotechnical reports detailing subsurface investigations, foundation recommendations, construction monitoring and quality assurance/control phases of work and other field / laboratory studies;
- Perform and direct others with analyses for design of shallow and deep foundations, earth retaining structures, and slope stabilization systems.
- Prepares and manages geotechnical field exploration and laboratory testing programs;
- Perform and direct others with geotechnical inspections, site reconnaissance, and geotechnical drilling investigations.
- Occasionally conducts site visits, performs construction monitoring and attends client meetings.
- Assists with marketing and business development efforts.
- Communicates with clients regarding project issues, project controls and attends meetings.
- Defines scope of work and man-hour requirements and responsible for ensuring that task and project schedules and budgets are met.
- Responsible for proposal production and implementing marketing/business development initiatives.
- Responsible for document preparation for regulatory agencies to obtain required permits.
- Responsible for maintaining technical knowledge through completion of various training initiatives.
- BS degree in Civil Engineering with advanced degree "preferred".
- 10 plus years of experience in geotechnical design and management for Transportation projects.
- Ideal candidates will possess PE License in Commonwealth of Pennsylvania (or other states with ability to obtain reciprocity within 6 months).
- Experience with PennDOT projects "preferred".
- Experience in leading and mentoring junior level Geotechnical Engineers and Geologists.
- Proficiency with geotechnical software such as SLIDE, Slope/w, Seep/w, Sigma/w, LPILE, GROUP and gINT is preferred.
- Strong analytical and report writing skills.
- Experience with marketing and business development.
- Experience working in and managing a diverse staff of inspectors, field engineers/geologists, office engineers, and resident engineers is required.
- Excellent technical writing and public/client presentation capabilities as well as project and resource management skills are required.
- Sound problem-solving and communication skills.
- Abilities to work in a dynamic environment and conduct multi-tasking efforts are essential.
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Project, Access) proficiency is required and experience with Primavera scheduling software is desired.
- Masters’ of Science Degree in Geotechnical Engineering
MICHAEL BAKER INTERNATIONAL EEO STATEMENT Michael Baker International is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Michael Baker International provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. Michael Baker International maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status. EEO is the Law. Applicants to and employees of Michael Baker International are protected under Federal law from discrimination.