Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company that will give you the experience and exposure you need to build your career and personal brand? If so, then you’ve come to the right place!
This position is responsible for providing leadership, oversight and strategic direction to the Construction Manager, Chief Estimator, Large Project Managers, General Superintendent and ancillary construction business managers to ensure profitability.
1. Partner with the Regional/Area Managers and Group Construction Manager to establish core estimating and construction competencies within the Region/Area to ensure operational efficiency standards are met.
2. Coordinate the recruiting, staffing and development of construction and estimating personnel to ensure the team “delivers the goods” in its construction business.
3. Oversee total construction effort to ensure project is constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule. Includes interfacing with client representatives, A/E representatives, union officials, subcontractors, and security.
4. Plan, coordinate and/or supervise activities of all company personnel on assigned project(s) to make certain work is completed under budget and on schedule.
5. Authorize/approve all project personnel transactions (hiring, transfers, wages, etc.), purchase requisitions, change requests, to ensure corporate/business unit objectives are met.
6. Consult on union projects and assist in jurisdictional disputes and negotiations as required, in order to, protect Granite’s interests.
7. Ensure all company, client, and project policies, procedures, and standards are followed, to make certain, adherence to core values.
8. Maintain official project log and documentation files in order to track project status.
9. Analyze training needs and opportunities and work with OD Department to ensure needs are being met.
10. Comply, understand, and support corporate safety initiatives to ensure a safe work environment
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Business Administration, or related field preferred, or equivalent combinations of technical training and related experience.
• Minimum twelve (12) years experience with heavy civil complex bridge construction.
• Thorough knowledge of all aspect of construction (technology, equipment, methods), company policies, procedures and standards; and union jurisdiction, labor agreements, negotiation skills essential.
• Excellent communication, organizational, supervisory, and planning skills required.
• Proficiency with all MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), estimating and forecasting software.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to operate a computer keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Subject to outside working conditions. At times will be working around large construction equipment, must be safety conscience.
• Team player
• Ability and willingness to abide by Granite’s Code of Conduct on a daily basis
Granite Construction Incorporated is a member of the S&P 400 Index and is the parent company of Granite Construction Company, one of the nation's largest heavy civil contractors and construction materials producers. Granite Construction is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities and a Drug-Free Workplace. For additional information on applicant/employee rights please click here.Since 1922, Granite Construction has continued its long standing commitment to building some of America’s largest infrastructure projects including highways, bridges, dams, rail, and power. Recognized as one of the top 25 largest construction companies in the U.S., Granite specializes in complex infrastructure projects and provides award-winning construction services in mining, earthwork, water/sewer, power, tunneling, rail, highway and bridge construction. Granite also produces construction materials-sand, gravel, ready-mix, recycled asphalt product and asphalt concrete, and is a proven leader in alternative procurement project delivery.At Granite, our employees are our most valued asset and we are passionate about retaining, developing, and recruiting the best talent available. Our employees reflect our core values: and we are continuously looking for individuals who possess a winning attitude and share our Core Values. In exchange, we help you build a career that no other company can duplicate. You will be part of a learning culture, where teamwork and collaboration are encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is respected and valued. Add our award winning safety program, ethics, reputation, and a commitment to continuous improvement and you’ll see that we are building more than infrastructure—together, we are building your future. Granite Construction, Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Granite") will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to Granite, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Granite mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Granite employees, or to Granite's resume database will be considered Granite property. Granite will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. Agencies must obtain advance written approval from Granite's recruiting function to submit resumes, and then only in conjunction with a valid fully-executed contract for service and in response to a specific job opening. Agency agreements will only be valid if in writing and signed by Granite's Human Resources Representative or his/ her designee. No other Granite employee is authorized to bind Granite to any agreement regarding the placement of candidates by Agencies.