Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is seeking a Geotechnical Engineer with to join our team based in any Wood Environment & Infrastructure Ontario office in Ontario with the flexibility to work remotely. The ideal candidate will be a Professional Engineer with a strong background in the geotechnical aspects of dam safety evaluations and design. We are seeking a committed, detail-oriented individual who will be able to utilize their knowledge and experience. With a demonstrated ability to lead and grow a team of professionals performing engineering, construction and project management on behalf of our clients. Key Responsibilities:
- Project consulting and engineering in the geotechnical field for mining and infrastructure projects (open pit stability, waste rock and tailings disposal, mine infrastructure etc.)
- An ability to interface with other related disciplines – hydrology, hydrogeology, geochemistry, permitting, etc.
- Preparation of engineering designs, detailed reports, plans, assessments and studies
- Oversee/direct junior engineer/EITs on various project tasks
- Opportunity to collaborate on projects throughout Canada and Internationally
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Geotechnical Engineering required; Masters degree considered an asset
- Current registration as a P.Eng. in Ontario
- Five to fifteen years of experience in geotechnical engineering in the mining and infrastructure industry or equivalent
- Proficient in seepage, stability and liquefaction analysis for various slopes and dams; detailed field and laboratory assessment and design for various foundation engineering applications
- Desire to provide excellent practical client service and a commitment to technical excellence
- Strong written and oral communication (English) skills
- Valid Driver’s License
- Able to travel to project sites across Canada and abroad
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws. Apply OnlineEmail this job to a friend
Join the Talent Community
Interested in working for Wood? Take the first step today by joining our talent community. By joining the community, your chances of matching to the right role are increased, as our recruiters search the community daily to match open positions with member profiles.
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.