Work for an Industry Leader
Dynamic Work Environment
Langan is an award-winning ENR Top 500 Design Firm that offers integrated engineering and environmental services for both public and private sector clients at sites located throughout the United States and abroad. Langan receives numerous recognitions for its technical expertise as well as its work environment, including “Best Places to Work” by NJBIZ, Zweig Group’s “Hot Firm” and ranked “Best Firm to Work For” in four categories, “Best Places to Work in Pennsylvania” by Best Companies Group and Pittsburgh Business Times “Best Places to Work in Western PA”, “Top Engineering Firm” by both San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal. Visit our website for more information about our awards and recognitions. Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish! Join our team of industry leaders and make a difference on some of the most exciting and interesting projects in the field!
Langan has an exciting opportunity for a Geotechnical Engineer - 3 to 6 Years Experience in our Pittsburgh, PA office. As the successful candidate, your responsibilities include but are not limited to: assisting with the planning and execution of field investigations, observation of complex foundation and earthwork construction activities, identifying and implementing field and lab work solutions, preparing boring logs, and performing engineering analyses and developing recommendations. You will be responsible for performing routine and complex geotechnical engineering analyses, preparation of geotechnical engineering reports, and plans and technical specifications for contract document packages. Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil/Geotechnical Engineering, Master's degree in Geotechnical Engineering (strongly preferred);
- Possess Professional Engineer licensure or ability to obtain within 1 year;
- 3 to 6 years of related geotechnical experience;
- A minimum of 2 years of field experience with geotechnical investigations and construction inspection experience preferred;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, multitasking and judgment capabilities;
- Ability to effectively work independently and in a team environment;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Possess reliable transportation to access job sites and a valid driver’s license in good standing; and
- Position requires work Monday through Friday with occasional evenings and weekends.
We offer competitive compensation packages; full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance; 401(k)/Roth with company match; extensive training; buddy and mentoring programs; employee referral and professional license bonuses; educational reimbursement; and much more!
Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer