Description Geocomp provides products and services to help clients manage risk associated with the subsurface elements of infrastructure. We specialize in the engineering and control of risk for construction below the ground surface for all types of structures. We have an exciting opportunity for an Accounting Clerk to join our experienced finance team working in a multi-divisional company with the opportunity to learn new skills and advance your career. Primary Responsibilities:
- Code and enter vendor invoices.
- Verify all invoices have proper approval.
- Process AP payments.
- Main point of contact for vendors.
- Expense report processing and verification.
- Reconcile and manage corporate credit cards.
- Assist with account reconciliations and journal entries.
- Key part of financial team to provide accurate and timely reports.
- Assist with annual audits.
- Assist with fixed asset tracking and depreciation.
- Track and record prepaids and accruals.
- Extra hours may be required at month end and year end periods.
- Assist finance team with other projects or reports as needed.
- Train as back up for other functions.
- One to three years of experience or will train highly motivated individuals with some accounting background.
- Experience with Microsoft office including excel and word.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Able to work independently on time-sensitive activities.
Preferred Education and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but at least some accounting courses.
- Experience with Deltek Vision software.
Geocomp provides products and services to help clients manage risk associated with the subsurface elements of infrastructure. We specialize in the engineering and control of risk for construction below the ground surface for all types of structures. We excel on tough projects with challenging subsurface conditions and requirements. Additionally, Geocomp manufactures highly versatile automated geotechnical testing systems that have been successfully used for more than thirty years for production, teaching and research. Geocomp's strong reputation for solving our clients' complex engineering problems provides employees with many opportunities for professional development and individual growth. •Geocomp is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. The company provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, creed, protected veteran or disability status, or genetic information.•If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, you may request accommodation by contacting the Human Resources Department at 978-635-0012 and asking for Human Resources. This option is reserved for individuals who are unable to use, or require assistance with, the online tools as the result of a disability and is not intended for other purposes. •Geocomp will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant