See Terracon’s Safety Response to Covid-19 belowJob DescriptionAre you looking to expand your career in geotechnical drilling with a management opportunity? If so, Terracon has an opportunity for you!
Terracon is growing and hiring a Geotechnical Drilling Manager in our Columbus, OH office! Terracon is one of the largest Geotechnical and Environmental drilling company’s in the United States with over 130 drill rigs in 54 offices.
This is a management position that is intended to support the growth of our geotechnical drilling operations for the central Ohio region. Terracon has a wide array of projects, and for the right candidate this is a great opportunity to project manage and lead drillers in the field. We will only consider candidates with previous drilling experience and the demonstrated ability to thrive in a leadership position.
In addition to being employee-owned, and providing our extensive health and wellness benefits, this position also offers the selected candidate paid training for Drill Methods/Techniques, CDL’s, OSHA, MHSA, and other professional drilling/industry certifications.
Responsibilities of the Geotechnical Drilling Manager:
- Project Management: including project setup, schedule, utilities, traffic control, permits, borehole layout, site reconnaissance, budget and production tracking, quality control, troubleshooting, client communication, change orders, invoicing and collections
- Fleet Management: including asset and crew scheduling, budget and forecasting, repair and maintenance, tooling and materials management, asset acquisition, and external vendors
- Personnel Management: direct oversight of drill crews, personnel training, hiring and retention, daily field logs, hours and production
- Subcontractor Management: work directly with Terracon project managers and subcontractors to bid, execute, and track subcontractor drilling programs
- Health and Safety Management: directly responsible for implementing and enforcing Terracon’s Health and Safety Policies, pre-task planning, and safe drilling approaches. Work with personnel on safety related incidents, training and enforcement
- Proposal Preparation: including scope, schedule and cost development, subject matter expert on geotechnical and environmental drilling methods
- Business Development: Client communication, represent Terracon at Industry Conventions, Cross Selling of drilling services with other Terracon Services, and professionally represent Terracon in client meetings
- Corporate Services: work directly with Terracon Senior Management to develop drill related initiatives associated with safety, maintenance, production, and personnel
- High School Diploma or equivalent and a Minimum of 9 years’ in the drilling industry. This experience may be in the Geotechnical, Environmental, Construction (caisson/micropile/soil nail/rock anchor), Oil and Gas, or Mining drilling industries.
- Proficient knowledge of multiple drilling methods including mud rotary, auger, air rotary and coring techniques.
- Valid driver's license with acceptable violation history, Class A preferred.
- OSHA HAZWOPER, MSHA 10, MSHA Surface
- Previous supervisory experience
Additional certifications which may be considered and evaluated:
B.A. or B.S. Degree preferred in geology, engineering or business
Project Management Professional (PMP)
Professional Engineer (PE), Professional Geologist
(PG) or similar professional registration/certification
relevant to the type of services and projects being
#LI-JW1Terracon’s Safety Response to COVID-19Committed to Our Employee Safety!
Terracon is passionate about your safety before, during, and after the COVID-19 pandemic. As Terracon continues to move forward and grow through this time, we are continuing to take every precaution to ensure the safety of our employee-owners. If you are as committed to your success as we are committed to your safety, then Terracon is the company for you!
Our goal has not changed. For Terracon, our guiding principle has been and will continue to be the safety of our employee-owners. It’s that simple. We want our employees to be able to work safely in every situation and go home safely each night. As we continue our vision of being “Best at People,” here are some of the things Terracon is doing to safeguard every employee-owner:
- On-going communication with ALL employee-owners on a dedicated COVID Response page, and a portal for their families to have access to resources as well
- Requiring specific COVID-19 Pre-Task Safety Planning Protocols for all tasks and projects
- Empowering employees to speak up and say “no” to working in unsafe conditions
- Providing an additional 40 hours of sick leave to anyone impacted by COVID-19, including those impacted by daycare and school closures
- Offering voluntary reduced work schedule for anyone needing extra time to care for others
- Load leveling work assignments across regions to maintain high productivity and chargeability
- Ensuring proper PPE and sanitation on all project sites by providing field employee-owners with mobile hand washing stations and supplies, masks, and sanitizing kits
- Utilizing technology for more remote work opportunities and innovation using everything from video conferencing to drones
- Following all CDC guidelines including social distancing on job sites, in offices, and in our labs
- Implementing a stand-by leave program to ensure our employees continue service and health insurance benefits during regional work shortages
If your passion lies in working with a company that truly cares for your safety, and if you’re interested in belonging to a 100% employee-owned organization that will help you grow and quickly progress in your career, consider Terracon and apply today!About TerraconTerracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in more than 150 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.EEO StatementTerracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.