Sales Engineers are focused on finding new business opportunities for assigned brands with new accounts or within existing accounts at Bentley. They are responsible for selling product licenses and subscriptions as well as services related to those product licenses and subscriptions.
Sales Engineers are responsible for achieving assigned sales quotas and goals for users and prospects located within a defined geographic territory and specific product range.
Sales Engineers are expected to prospect and develop business, respond to RFPs and other incoming sales leads, develop proposals and give presentations and demonstrations to existing users and prospects, all in close cooperation with Account Managers. They coordinate resources and collaborate with other Bentley colleagues where and when necessary. They devote considerable amount of time to visiting prospects, existing users and sales events in their assigned territory.
- Responsible for selling assigned brands (PLAXIS / SoilVision) into both net new and existing users.
- Creating effective business plans, prospecting for net new business opportunities and driving sales in assigned territory to exceed quota.
- Develop relationships at various levels including C-Level, VPs, Directors with target accounts through use of direct sales techniques and conduct on-site meetings.
- Develop a sales pipeline and forecast all revenue by effectively following sales process and managing all opportunities in CRM. Adhere to the Bentley Sales Process fully utilizing SAP Cloud for Sales (C4S) as a daily sales tool and reporting system.
- Promote our value proposition to designers, engineers, architects, contractors and owners by providing technical solutions to help the customer's meet or exceed business objectives.
- Deliver software demonstrations for qualified prospects and users.
- Participate in relevant exhibitions, trade shows, and other events.
- Maintain a detailed knowledge and understanding of all Commercial Offerings and Software Support Policies.
- High level use and comfort utilizing social media and prospecting intelligence resources.
- Negotiate sales and/or service agreements.
- Maintain a high knowledge level of the company's solutions and services.
What You Bring to The Team:
- You have a Bachelor's degree in civil engineering or equivalent level achieved through experience.
- Background in geotechnical/civil engineering.
- You have prior experience working with Plaxis, SoilVision, or competing platforms.
- You gained engineering experience (preferably 2 to 3 years), like the engineering world but found out that you don’t want to be a practicing engineer.
- Preferably you hold an applicable professional qualification (for example PE, CE, …)
- You have commercial talent with a minimum 1-2 years’ experience in sales or customer service and you can close a deal in a pleasant non-intrusive manner.
- You are a self-starter.
- You combine customer focus with being service oriented and highly motivated.
- You have a positive attitude, eye for detail, are resourceful and inquisitive.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to effectively present information to users and prospects via phone, web and face-to-face.
- Software proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite is required.
- You should have the ability to travel up to 50% of your time.
- Living in or close to the designated sales territory is essential.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled
Bentley is an equal opportunity employer and considers for employment all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, disability, protected veteran status, religion, national origin, age or any other protected characteristic. Additional information about your rights as an applicant under the law may be found by clicking here and here.
Bentley participates in e-Verify / Bentley participa en e-Verify
Right to Work / Derecho a Trabajar
We encourage you to request a reasonable accommodation if you are not able to fully use or access our online application system. You can make an accommodation request by calling 610-458-5000 or sending us an email at email@example.com.
Search Firm Disclosure:
Please be aware Bentley is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. This includes any phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Bentley via-email, the Internet (including social media) or in any form and/or method for this specific position in the absence of a written recruiting agreement executed by both you and/or your firm and Bentley will be deemed the sole property of Bentley and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Bentley.
Nearest Major Market: Fort Lauderdale
Nearest Secondary Market: Miami
Geotechnical Engineering, Engineer, Construction, Geology, Civil Engineer, Engineering
Start your job application: click Apply Now