WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FORThe time is right to join HNTB! We are seeking someone who will be responsible for developing strategies to track, win and profitably execute large, mega Moveable Bridge projects. Collaborates with Office Leaders, Client Service Leaders and Department Managers to recruit key staff to build the Moveable Bridge practice. Functions as a key member of the Northeast Division Structures team.Primary Focus Will Include:
- Lead the identification of movable bridge opportunities within the Division and develop/implement strategic plan to include identifying market opportunities in support of Office and Division sales goals.
- Collaborate with and support the Office Management Teams and Client Service Leaders within the Division in accomplishing their sales and performance goals.
- Develop technical strategies and procedures for the movable bridge practice for clients within the Division.
- Monitor and develop appropriate professional standards and integrates the plans and metrics for quality assurance through all phases of project delivery.
- Provide oversight and supervision of personnel resources within the Division movable bridge practice, including monitoring recruiting and retaining all core movable bridge staff.
- Ensure appropriate staff and other specific resources are available for support of movable bridge pursuits and projects within the Division.
- Act as Project Manager, Lead Structural/Mechanical/Electrical Engineer or Project Engineer on movable bridge design, rehab, and inspection projects, managing scope, schedule, staffing, budget, etc.
- Experience in complex mechanical and structural systems used in roadway and railroad Moveable Bridges such as: conventional and bob-tail swing spans, span-driven and tower-driven vertical lift bridges, rolling lift and trunnion bascule spans or similar projects.
- Leads multi-disciplined staff on multiple movable bridge projects in multiple offices.
- Works to enhance communication, coordination and cooperation of all movable bridge disciplines to work as a cohesive unit from multiple offices.
- Provide technical mentorship and development to less-experienced staff.
- Assures that the movable bridge projects technical, schedule and budget requirements are met within the framework of established policy and in accordance with the applicable professional standards, design control procedures, and design guidelines.
- Coordinate tasks among the multidisciplinary project teams to conduct analyses, develop design solutions, and lead the preparation of design drawings, calculations, and specifications for fixed and movable bridge engineering projects.
- Represent HNTB at industry society functions, including leadership positions at AREMA, AASHTO, Heavy Movable Structures and/or TRB.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- Master's degree in Engineering
- Requires excellent oral and written communication and negotiation skills.
- Requires ability to interface with client as firm representative.
*IND #LI-EBWHAT YOU'LL NEEDEssential Responsibilities:
- Has full managerial responsibility for all aspects of the project including negotiating extras, cost control, staffing, quality control and cash management.
- Develops and nurtures key client relationships and is the primary company contact on the project.
- Estimates fees, determines scope of work, and prepares proposals and contracts on large or multiple projects.
- Actively manages client’s budget, schedule and program; HNTB budget and schedule; project communications and documentation.
- Satisfies client requirements.
- Coordinates work efforts and reviews work performed.
- Responsible for managing and delivering quality mega projects on-time, within budget and to the satisfaction of the client.
- Identifies and markets additional business opportunities with key clients.
- Communicates effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions and strategies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering
- 16 years engineering experience, including directing large mega projects
Visa sponsorship is available for this position.