WK Dickson seeks a technology-minded professional that enjoys being given responsibility as part of a team-based approach to successful project execution. We have engaging and exciting projects in our practice areas. WK Dickson has been named a ‘Top Firm to Work For’ for the fifth year in a row!• Analyze and organize project data with accuracy, neatness, and timeliness while utilizing appropriate software applications.
• Work from sketches, notes, and other input material to produce computer-generated graphs, charts, overlays, and completed drawings. Can complete finished product with limited direction.
• Understand and follow company standard Civil 3D procedures for layering, etc., and standard drawing procedures for sheet layout. Suggest improvements to standard procedures.
• Search, investigate, and select technical reference data pertinent to a project.
• Prepare and assist with developing project computations, estimates, surveys, statistics, and designs.
• Prepare calculations within practice area.
• Maintain technical coordination with staff.
• Maintain positive communication with staff, clients, and subcontractors.
• Comply with all company safety policies and rules.
• Perform additional duties as assigned.Requirements:• Two (2) year degree from a technical college in engineering, engineering technology, or a related field.
• New graduate to Four (4) years of related experience.
• Analytical skills with the ability to prepare statistical reports.
• Ability to communicate ideas and technical information to staff, supervisors, and clients in a professional manner.
• Working knowledge of AutoCAD Civil 3D. Benefits:
• Free medical and dental coverage with qualifying wellness credits
• Flex-time policy (half-day Fridays)
• Matching 401K program
• Life and disability insurance
• Paid Time Off /Paid Holidays
• Continuing education/tuition reimbursement
• Professional registration reimbursement
• Performance-based incentives/bonusesAbout Us
WK Dickson is a multi-disciplined consulting firm specializing in total community infrastructure solutions, including airport planning and design, environmental and water resources engineering, community planning and site development, energy support services, and geospatial technology. Our goal is to help communities improve the lives of its citizens through sound, ecologically responsible design principals. The firm has been headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina since its founding in 1929 and has steadily grown to operate eleven regional offices strategically located throughout the Southeastern United States.