This position exists primarily to oversee and/or manage Geotechnical, CMT, and/or Environmental project activities and prepare high level analytical project reports. The incumbent is also responsible for ensuring client satisfaction and may be tasked with teaching, scheduling, coordinating and overseeing the activities of Field Professionals and Technicians.
The work requires the exercise of independent judgment and discretion in handling specific details and activities. The incumbent is expected to work both independently and within a team environment with minimum supervision.
- Evaluate, discuss and understand client needs and prepare subsequent proposals.
- Coordinate and manage routine geotechnical, CMT and/or environmental project activities, including staff or field operations and/or selected lab activities.
- Inspect work and/or troubleshoot field quality control issues and make recommendations for corrections.
- Accurately correlate basic soil properties with field data and classification test results.
- Prepare high level analytical geotechnical, CMT and/or environmental reports for appropriate and timely distribution.
- Track budgets & project financials for accuracy; invoice clients appropriately.
- Maintain positive business relationships with clients, government officials, contractors, etc.
- Participate in professional meetings and/or business development functions as needed.
Perform other special assignments and projects as assigned by Branch or Project Management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- 2 years’ experience OR Master’s degree in related field
- Certifications: EIT
Experience in geotechnical investigations, geotechnical (or related) reports, defining testing plans, interpreting test data, performing engineering analyses for foundation design, drilling, boring plan layout, site preparation issues, slope stability and seismic hazard evaluations, structural special inspectionsApply for this job onlineEmail this job to a friendShare on your newsfeed