This position exists primarily to oversee and/or manage Geotechnical, CMT, and/or Environmental project activities and prepare high level analytical project reports. The incumbent is also responsible for ensuring client satisfaction and may be tasked with teaching, scheduling, coordinating and overseeing the activities of Field Professionals and Technicians.
The work requires the exercise of independent judgment and discretion in handling specific details and activities. The incumbent is expected to work both independently and within a team environment with minimum supervision.
- Evaluate, discuss and understand client needs and prepare subsequent proposals.
- Coordinate and manage routine geotechnical, CMT and/or environmental project activities, including staff or field operations and/or selected lab activities.
- Inspect work and/or troubleshoot field quality control issues and make recommendations for corrections.
- Accurately correlate basic soil properties with field data and classification test results.
- Prepare high level analytical geotechnical, CMT and/or environmental reports for appropriate and timely distribution.
- Track budgets & project financials for accuracy; invoice clients appropriately.
- Maintain positive business relationships with clients, government officials, contractors, etc.
- Participate in professional meetings and/or business development functions as needed.
- Perform other special assignments and projects as assigned by Branch or Project Management.
- Solid knowledge of engineering principals.
- Thorough knowledge of Geotechnical, Construction Materials Testing and/or Environmental practices, procedures, codes and standards.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a thorough knowledge of business English, spelling, arithmetic and vocabulary. Communications must be open and honest in keeping with Building & Earth open communication philosophy.
- Ability to create and maintain accurate and confidential records and data and to prepare easily understandable reports for distribution.
- Ability to organize, coordinate and prioritize tasks and schedules.
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, clients and client representatives and the public with a focus on maintaining a Customer/Client focus at all times.
- Ability to dress, speak and act professionally & appropriately.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field
- PE License required or able to obtain within six months
- 3 years’ experience OR Master’s degree in related field
- Experience in geotechnical investigations, geotechnical (or related) reports, defining testing plans, interpreting test data, performing engineering analyses for foundation design, drilling, boring plan layout, site preparation issues and/or slope stability.