Join our team, as a Geotechnical Engineer at Hart Crowser, a division of Haley and Aldrich, in Portland, Oregon. As a geotechnical engineer you will bring your expertise and unique solutions to highly visible and challenging projects. Our staff of engineers provide a wide range of geotechnical services, from site investigations and construction observations to state of the art designs.
- Managing a variety of commercial development, industrial development, transportation, and port/harbor projects;
- Completing various geotechnical analyses;
- Providing geotechnical design and construction recommendations in written technical reports;
- Mentoring junior staff;
- Providing QA/QC for analysis and reporting; and
- Staying current in the industry by attending technical conferences and seminars.
- 4- to 10-years of related professional experience with increasing responsibility;
- Master’s degree in geotechnical engineering from an accredited program; and
- A team attitude and the ability to interact well with internal staff, and project teams that will include other consultants, contractors, and clients.
- Registered Oregon PE or GE, or ability to obtain licensing through comity;
- Experience and comfort interacting with clients;
- Familiarity with the LRFD design method and multiple geotechnical software programs; and
- Experience performing advanced geotechnical and seismic analyses.
About Hart Crowser
Why Hart Crowser?
- Many years successfully serving some of the top clients in the northwest on some of the most challenging and interesting technical and regulatory problems.
- A team where diverse experiences and perspectives are celebrated.
- Exceptional health, dental, and vision insurance is available to our employees.
- Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 18 days paid time off each year.
- Hart Crowser invests 60 to 80 hours each year on training and career development for each newer employee.
- We have a formal mentoring program and do quarterly performance discussions to support career development.
- We provide internal learning programs. Over the last two years we have offered internal training on project management, technical writing, and business development. We also provide tuition assistance to individuals seeking work-related outside learning.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their confidential cover letter and resume. We see a strong mix of experiences and identities as the key to effective teams and creative problem solving. If you are interested in a position, but are worried about your exact qualifications, experience, or education, we strongly encourage you to apply. All applications are given careful review and we look forward to speaking with qualified candidates.As a condition of employment, the successful candidate must be able to provide documentation of eligibility to work in the US.Hart Crowser, Inc., is an Affirmative Action/EOE/M/F/Disabled/VET/VEVRAA Federal Contractor/E-Verify employer.