Job DescriptionThe Staff Professional Engineer will perform work assignments designed to develop professional knowledge and abilities, requiring application of standard test methods, procedures, and criteria to carry out a sequence of related engineering tasks. The Staff Professional Engineer will work under the general direction of a Project Manager. Job Responsibilities:
- Execute standard test methods for quality assurance and quality control on various field investigation projects across the state, country and internationally.
- Assist project professionals with project execution including coordination of field exploration, assigning laboratory testing and performing analyses.
- Use prescribed methods to perform project tasks under supervision of an experienced engineer.
- Assist Project Professionals with project execution, proposal and report preparation. Execute smaller projects to gain experience in project management. Observe and follow all company safety rules and procedures.
- Support and encourage continuous improvement of the company's processes, including safety program and quality management system.
- Communicate tactfully and effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Maintain effective work relations with those encountered in the course of employment.
- Come to work regularly and on time.
- Execute work duties in an organized and efficient manner.
- Maintain organized and clean work area.
- Work well while under supervision.
- Able to work while under stress.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Engineering, Geological Engineering, or equivalent from accredited college or university required.
- A desire to work outside on a construction site as part of a field investigation quality team.
- Extensive domestic and possible International travel required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with excellent ability to work with others to achieve desired results.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence. Present information and ideas, and respond to questions in a clear and concise manner.
- Familiar with modern office methods, practices, procedures and equipment, as well as competent and correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation.
- Must possess current driver's license.
- Must be able to pass drug/alcohol screening and physical examination.
- Possess or be able to obtain a valid passport with the ability to travel internationally.
Our Contribution to You (Growth Opportunity)At Fugro, we focus on helping our employees at every level of their career identify and use their strengths to contribute their best every day. From entry-level team members to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to grow knowledge and experiences. We support our employees by offering opportunities to sharpen their skills through on the job learning experiences to formal internal and external development programs.BenefitsAt Fugro, we value people and offer a broad range of benefits which include, but are not limited to:
- A choice of Medical, Dental and Vision Plans.
- Basic Group Life and AD&D Insurance.
- Short-term and Long-term Disability.
- A broad range of voluntary benefits.
- An employer matched, 100% vested 401(k) Plan.
#LI-GS1How to apply?If you are interested in this role we look forward to discussing this opportunity with you. Please click on our ‘apply’ button and upload your resume and cover letter.Disclaimer for recruitment agencies:Fugro does not accept any unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies. Acquisition to Fugro Recruitment or any Fugro employee is not appreciated.Fugro USA posting DisclaimerFugro is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.