Job DescriptionAs a Fugro intern, you will be provided an opportunity to learn and apply Offshore and/or Land Geotechnical, Surveying, Geospatial, and Engineering skills in either our Site Characterization or Asset Integrity business lines. Successful candidates will receive diversified training through on-the-job assignments using the technical skills acquired in college. Assigned projects will develop the interns both technically and professionally. Each intern will be assigned a technical mentor and supervisor to ensure a productive and engaging assignment. Interns are typically matched to one of the service lines based on discipline. Within that service line, the intern will be responsible for completing one or more projects during the internship. The intern will work within established engineering and/or operations teams.The preferred internship duration is 12 to 13 weeks with a 10-week minimum requirement. Assignments will typically be at one of our sites located in California, Virginia, Louisiana, Florida, or Texas. To be considered for this position you must complete the application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions on or before the requisition closing date of February 28th, 2021.Responsibilities may include:
- Assisting project professionals with project execution including coordination of field exploration, assigning laboratory testing, and performing analysis.
- Performing work assignments designed to develop professional work knowledge and abilities, requiring an application of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria in carrying out a sequence of related engineering tasks.
- Performing engineering work around the process of acquiring, analyzing, and interpreting geo-related data
- Partnering with management and supervisors to identify your own learning and development needs and further develop your technical knowledge relative to Fugro’s core business.
- Complies with QMS and HSE requirements.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree or higher in Geotechnical Engineering, Geophysics, Marine Technology, Geology, Computer Science, Oceanography (Physical), or closely related technical field.
- Current level in college: Sophomore through Senior or Graduate Student.
- Expected graduation date: Spring 2021 through Spring/Fall 2023.
- A minimum cumulative and Major GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- A minimum of ten (10) continuous weeks availability for the internship.
We offer:As the world’s largest integrator of geotechnical, survey, subsea and geosciences services, we offer talented individuals almost unlimited growth potential.Working at Fugro will offer you the potential to work with talented people on a global scale who contribute as a team to our corporate strategy. Additionally, you will have access to ongoing training and development which will sharpen your skills and broaden your knowledge and abilities.How to apply?If you are interested in this role we look forward to discussing this opportunity with you. Please click on our ‘apply’ button and upload your resume and cover letter.Disclaimer for recruitment agencies:Fugro does not accept any unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies. Acquisition to Fugro Recruitment or any Fugro employee is not appreciated.Fugro USA posting DisclaimerFugro is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.