The Managing Director, CE&M will supervise a staff of over 30 professionals who work in various office locations (i.e., New York, Indianapolis, Washington D.C., etc.). The Managing Director of CE&M will report directly to the Executive Vice President of Western Operations. With the Executive Vice President, the Managing Director will establish the Operating Group goals for revenue, profit, bookings, awards under negotiation, annual staff size and staff competencies. In addition, the Managing Director will work closely with Regional Operating Group leaders and staff to market the firm, deliver high-quality CM engineering projects, and develop new business for the firm. The Managing Director, CE&M can be based in any of the Greeley and Hansen offices in the US, preferably in Chicago, IL (Headquarters).ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee and direct the fiscal affairs of the CE&M Operating Group which includes budgeting and new business planning, forecasting and implementation.
- In conjunction with EVP and others, develop and implement a five-year business plan to grow CEM operations.
- Develop and implement annual operating plan.
- Monitor all aspects of operating group budget on a regular basis for successful compliance, such as staff costs, profitability and expenses.
- Direct and coordinate projects and prepare Project Performance Plans to meet client and project goals.
- Direct, review, and approve quality controls for operating group deliverables.
- Serve as a trusted advisor to specific operating group clients.
- Lead the new business development process for the CE&M operating group.
- Participate in market planning and lead marketing efforts for assigned pursuits.
- Provide input on market trends and those resources needed to assist in the five-year business planning process.
- Manage CE&M Operating Group employees by making decisions regarding hiring, performance appraisal, training and development; recommend salary increases, promotions, transfers and terminations.
- Establish the staffing and organization plan for the operating group.
- Work to make the CE&M Operating Group culture and environment the best possible place to work, by recruiting and retaining the "high potential" staff.
- Mentor staff for career development.
- Manage staff within group to set and achieve individual performance goals and monitor and evaluate individual performance.
- Oversee and direct scheduling for the Operating Group to ensure that target staff utilization rates are achieved.
- Represent the CE&M Operating Group at meetings such as Managing Director meetings and monthly business development calls.
- Represent the CE&M Operating Group at trade associations, civic and client meetings as required.
- Provide ethical, creative, collegial and common sense leadership that ensures the successful operation of all CE&M services.
QUALIFICATIONSEducation: Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering or a closely related field. Master's degree in Construction Engineering/Management or a related field is desirable.Experience: Minimum 20 years related construction experience in water/wastewater. License: Ability to obtain PE registration in Indiana, District of Columbia, Virginia, New York, Wisconsin and other states when necessary.