SUMMARY/COMPANY INFOHaley & Aldrich, Inc. is committed to delivering the value our clients need from their capital, operations, and environmental projects. Our one-team approach allows us to draw from our 700 engineers, scientists, and constructors in 30 offices for creative collaboration and expert perspectives. Since our founding in 1957, we have one goal in all we do: deliver long-term value efficiently, no matter how straightforward or complex the challenge. In 2020, Haley & Aldrich acquired Hart Crowser, an engineering and environmental consultancy with extensive expertise in the Pacific Northwest and recognized for its cutting-edge performance-based seismic design methods. Visit our company website.We are currently seeking a Principal Geotechnical Consultant to join our growing Washington, DC office to manage the quality, cost, and delivery of government building and infrastructure design and construction projects. We are looking for a creative professional with a geotechnical engineering background to work on complex projects with collaborative, multidisciplinary teams focused on government buildings, DDOT and VDOT projects. The successful candidate will be a self-motivated problem solver with high attention to detail capable of working with minimal direction to solve problems and create technically accurate deliverables. This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing team, while advancing your career with a leading national engineering and consulting firm.
The successful candidate will:Business Development:
- Personally engage in developing and executing strategic geotechnical engineering consulting work with identified existing and target clients totaling at least $750,000 in net revenue annually.
- Actively participate in at least one professional organization focused on the market area and/or issues faced by our clients.
- Have a passion and demonstrated success for developing business with new clients and continuing to foster trusted relationships with existing clients.
- Execute and oversee geotechnical engineering consulting projects, acting as the main client contact for any work attained.
- Oversee the safe execution of all phases of a project to meet the client’s objectives, as well as company goals for revenue generation and profitability.
- Demonstrate strong technical competence in the services required by the client.
- Develop annual client action plans, estimate client revenue and profits to support strategy deployment, and lead pursuits with project team members.
- In cooperation with other offices and senior management, develop and implement business strategies to meet stated business metric goals for our Mid-Atlantic market (DE, MD, DC, and VA).
- Manage all phases and aspects of projects to address client goals and objectives.
- Prepare proposals and project reports/deliverables.
- Maintain authorized contracts, prepare Project Management Plans (PMPs), and manage contract changes in accordance with company standards.
- Execute projects to meet technical, quality, budgetary and scheduling requirements.
- Coordinate staff/resource assignments.
- Mentor staff through a “learn-by-doing” model.
- Coordinate with client representatives and external stakeholders.
- Work cooperatively in a team-based environment.
Qualified candidates will possess the following:
- Master’s degree in civil engineering with a focus in geotechnical engineering.
- More than 12 years of experience in strategic geotechnical engineering consulting in greater Washington, DC/Northern Virginia market.
- A minimum of 3 years in a project management role.
- Professional engineering registration (PE in DC, VA or MD).
- Established relationships with government agencies/owners and A/E firms in the greater Washington, DC area with a preference for VDOT experience.
- Demonstrated track record of selling $750,000 in annual net revenues for consulting work.
- Strong track record of:
- developing and maintaining client relationships; and
- recruiting and mentoring staff in support of business growth and service delivery goals.
- Experience in designing and executing subsurface investigations, engineering analyses and preparation of contract documents for major public projects delivered through both design/bid/build or design/build methods.
- Ability to work successfully in a single profit center, team-oriented and collaborative environment.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Must be proficient at writing, reviewing, and editing technical reports to meet scope and quality objectives, and client expectations.
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail.
- Some travel to support other offices may be required.
About Haley & AldrichHaley & Aldrich is a nation-wide community, richly connected by networks of extraordinary people who seek to make the world a better place. We believe in creating potential through our people. If you are looking for an exciting opportunity where you can collaborate, fully engage, learn and put your expertise to work to handle important challenges, we want to talk with you! We offer excellent career growth, a highly competitive total compensation plan and a solid benefits package that includes; health, dental, vision; Short-Term/Long-Term Disability; 401K with match; generous vacation plan and paid time off; tuition reimbursement; long-term care and more. Interested candidates should apply online on our Careers page.Haley & Aldrich is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, age, disability, veteran or any other legally protected status.