SUMMARY/COMPANY INFOHaley & Aldrich, Inc. is committed to delivering the value our clients need from their capital, operations, and environmental projects. Our one-team approach allows us to draw from our 700 engineers, scientists, and constructors in 30 offices for creative collaboration and expert perspectives. Since our founding in 1957, we have one goal in all we do: deliver long-term value efficiently, no matter how straightforward or complex the challenge. In 2020, Haley & Aldrich acquired Hart Crowser, an engineering and environmental consultancy with extensive expertise in the Pacific Northwest and recognized for its cutting-edge performance-based seismic design methods. Visit our company website.The Buildings & Infrastructure Business Unit at Haley & Aldrich is growing and we are currently seeking an entry level Civil/Geotechnical Engineer to work in a technical support role with highly skilled professionals on diverse project teams in a dynamic environment. We offer new engineers the opportunity to work on challenging geotechnical and environmental projects for a wide range of clients. This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing group and company. This position entails both office and field work, including travel to job sites to conduct site and subsurface characterization for environmental and geotechnical projects and/or monitor geotechnical and environmental-related activities during construction. This position will be located in the New York, NY office.DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful candidate will:
- Provide construction monitoring/on-site engineering observation for both geotechnical and environmental projects.
- Perform site reconnaissance to observe existing conditions, assess site access for subsurface explorations, and identify important site features.
- Monitor subsurface exploration activities that include the use of test boring and geoprobe rigs and machine excavated test pits to gather soil and bedrock samples.
- Conduct field investigations, including soil and groundwater sampling in accordance with applicable ASTM standards and other industry standard guidelines.
- Conduct geotechnical engineering analyses.
- Compile, reduce, analyze, manage, and report field, instrumentation, geological, and/or environmental data, using spreadsheets and other tools.
- Use of various geotechnical and environmental instrumentation and equipment.
- Support preparation of written reports, proposals, cost estimates, and other client deliverables, including Phase I and Phase II Environmental Site Assessments.
- Adhere to Site Specific Health and Safety Plans prepared for each project site. As applicable, participate in site safety briefings and audits by both contractors and Haley & Aldrich.
- B.S. degree in engineering Civil Engineering or related field
- M.S. degree in Civil/Geotechnical Engineering highly preferred
- 0 to 2 years of geotechnical engineering experience
- Must comply with the Guiding Principles and Code of Behavior articulated in our Company Charter
- Must comply with company and client Health & Safety protocols
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Computer Skills – Strong computer literacy skills including proficiency in all MS Office software
- Ability and interest in obtaining professional engineering registration; has or applies for initial professional certification in their core discipline, where applicable, such as EIT or FE
- Ability to travel to temporary assignments across the U.S.
- Must possess a valid driver's license
- Must have a reliable form of transportation to travel to job sites and the office
- OSHA 40-hr. HAZWOPER training preferred but not required
About Haley & AldrichHaley & Aldrich is a nation-wide community, richly connected by networks of extraordinary people who seek to make the world a better place. We believe in creating potential through our people. If you are looking for an exciting opportunity where you can collaborate, fully engage, learn and put your expertise to work to handle important challenges, we want to talk with you! We offer excellent career growth, a highly competitive total compensation plan and a solid benefits package that includes; health, dental, vision; Short-Term/Long-Term Disability; 401K with match; generous vacation plan and paid time off; tuition reimbursement; long-term care and more. Interested candidates should apply online on our Careers page.Haley & Aldrich is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, age, disability, veteran or any other legally protected status.