SUMMARY/COMPANY INFOHaley & Aldrich, Inc. is committed to delivering the value our clients need from their capital, operations, and environmental projects. Our one-team approach allows us to draw from our 700 engineers, scientists, and constructors in 30 offices for creative collaboration and expert perspectives. Since our founding in 1957, we have one goal in all we do: deliver long-term value efficiently, no matter how straightforward or complex the challenge. In 2020, Haley & Aldrich acquired Hart Crowser, an engineering and environmental consultancy with extensive expertise in the Pacific Northwest and recognized for its cutting-edge performance-based seismic design methods. Visit our company website.The Building & Infrastructure Business Unit at Haley & Aldrich is growing we are currently seeking a motivated and accomplished self-starter and effective team player to serve as a Geotechnical Field Technician to perform all tasks consisting primarily of field related technical duties with minimum supervision. This position entails working outside of the office setting 95% of the time. This is a full-time position reporting to our Walnut Creek or Oakland office.DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful candidate will:
- Perform site reconnaissance to observe existing conditions, assess site access for subsurface explorations, and identify important site features.
- Monitor subsurface exploration activities that include the use of test boring and geoprobe rigs and machine excavated test pits to gather soil and bedrock samples.
- Collect soil and groundwater samples in accordance with applicable ASTM standards and other industry standard guidelines. Effectively utilize the USCS soil classification system.
- Perform groundwater sampling.
- Perform field tests on soil and rock.
- Conduct construction monitoring of geotechnical and environmental remediation projects.
- Prepare detailed notes and take photographs to document the procedures used and observations made during field work and/or construction monitoring.
- Perform operation and maintenance activities on remediation and or monitoring equipment.
- Participate in team meetings.
- Adhere to Site Specific Health and Safety Plans prepared for each project site. Participate in site safety briefings and audits by both contractors and Haley & Aldrich.
- Coordinate scheduling with contractors and subcontractors.
- Coordinate with internal Haley & Aldrich team members on a daily basis.
- Associate degree in a technical specialty (desired)
- 1-3 years of related field experience – ideally directing subcontractors
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Basic Microsoft Excel and Word capabilities
- Must possess a valid driver's license
- Must have a reliable form of transportation
- Must be able to lift and transport 50 lbs. unassisted
- Current OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER training, 10-hour OSHA Construction training and/or Nuclear Gauge Certified
- Ability to travel to job sites and on temporary assignments as needed
- Must comply with the Guiding Principles and Code of Behavior articulated in our Company Charter
- Must comply with company and client Health & Safety protocols
About Haley & AldrichHaley & Aldrich is a nation-wide community, richly connected by networks of extraordinary people who seek to make the world a better place. We believe in creating potential through our people. If you are looking for an exciting opportunity where you can collaborate, fully engage, learn and put your expertise to work to handle important challenges, we want to talk with you! We offer excellent career growth, a highly competitive total compensation plan and a solid benefits package that includes; health, dental, vision; Short-Term/Long-Term Disability; 401K with match; generous vacation plan and paid time off; tuition reimbursement; long-term care and more. Interested candidates should apply online on our Careers page.Haley & Aldrich is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, age, disability, veteran or any other legally protected status.