SUMMARY/COMPANY INFOHaley & Aldrich, Inc. is committed to delivering the value our clients need from their capital, operations, and environmental projects. Our one-team approach allows us to draw from our 700 engineers, scientists, and constructors in 30 offices for creative collaboration and expert perspectives. Since our founding in 1957, we have one goal in all we do: deliver long-term value efficiently, no matter how straightforward or complex the challenge. In 2020, Haley & Aldrich acquired Hart Crowser, an engineering and environmental consultancy with extensive expertise in the Pacific Northwest and recognized for its cutting-edge performance-based seismic design methods. Visit our company website.We are looking to add new talent to our growing team! We are currently seeking a Staff Civil/Geotechnical Engineer to work in a technical support role with highly skilled professionals on diverse project teams in a dynamic environment. This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing group and company and get involved in a variety of projects for a diverse range of clients. This is a full-time position located in our Hartford, CT office.
The successful candidate will:
- Observe and document field investigations and/or subsurface construction activities.
- Summarize details, observations, technical procedures and/or project assignment requirements for senior or project personnel.
- Partner with and support Haley & Aldrich staff members on a wide variety of the engineering aspects of the projects to address client goals and objectives.
- Work and schedule resources collaboratively with project teams.
- Assist in the planning, coordination and execution of geotechnical field investigation programs, including subsurface explorations and laboratory testing.
- Compile, reduce, analyze, manage, and report field, instrumentation, and/or geological data, using spreadsheets and other tools.
- Conduct geotechnical engineering analyses.
- Assist in identifying technical issues and the development of geotechnical design recommendations.
- Draft written reports, memoranda, daily/weekly field reports and specifications.
- Contribute to development of proposals and cost estimates to clients.
- Perform all work in accordance with company and client Health & Safety protocols.
- Comply with the Guiding Principles and Code of Behavior articulated in our Company Charter.
- Minimum B.S. degree in engineering (Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering or related discipline), M.S. degree strongly preferred
- 1-5 years of related experience
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication and problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic, flexibility, and willingness to work with project teams spread across many geographies
- Strong computer literacy skills including proficiency in all MS Office software and industry standard geotechnical software
- Experience in planning, coordinating and executing subsurface investigation and laboratory testing programs
- Experience with building foundations, deep excavations, temporary/permanent earth support, underpinning, earthwork, dewatering, settlement and slope stability, retaining walls, glacial and bedrock geology, and ground improvement techniques
- Ability to travel out of town for temporary work assignments
- Must possess a valid driver's license
- Maintains membership in one professional society or technical organization in their discipline or primary area of technical interest
- Minimum EIT/FE professional certification
- OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER training and OSHA 10-hour Construction training
About Haley & AldrichHaley & Aldrich is a nation-wide community, richly connected by networks of extraordinary people who seek to make the world a better place. We believe in creating potential through our people. If you are looking for an exciting opportunity where you can collaborate, fully engage, learn and put your expertise to work to handle important challenges, we want to talk with you! We offer excellent career growth, a highly competitive total compensation plan and a solid benefits package that includes; health, dental, vision; Short-Term/Long-Term Disability; 401K with match; generous vacation plan and paid time off; tuition reimbursement; long-term care and more. Interested candidates should apply online on our Careers page.Haley & Aldrich is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, age, disability, veteran or any other legally protected status.