SUMMARY/COMPANY INFOHaley & Aldrich, Inc. is committed to delivering the value our clients need from their capital, operations, and environmental projects. Our one-team approach allows us to draw from our 700 engineers, scientists, and constructors in 30 offices for creative collaboration and expert perspectives. Since our founding in 1957, we have one goal in all we do: deliver long-term value efficiently, no matter how straightforward or complex the challenge. In 2020, Haley & Aldrich acquired Hart Crowser, an engineering and environmental consultancy with extensive expertise in the Pacific Northwest and recognized Are you interested in pursuing a career in civil, geotechnical, or environmental engineering consulting?? We are looking to bring on a Co-Op to serve as a Civil/Environmental Engineering Technician assisting office engineers and project managers with day-to-day project tasks. This is a full-time role that will be at least 3 consecutive months. The anticipated start date for this position is May 2021. This is a fantastic opportunity to get some hands-on, working field experience and be a valuable contributor to our project teams. This role will be based out of our Boston, MA office location.DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful candidate will:
- Serve in a field support role, working on some interesting and technically-challenging projects.
- Assist engineers and Project Managers with the planning and execution of site characterization programs on various infrastructure and real estate development projects.
- Assist with evaluation of subsurface geotechnical and environmental data.
- Assist in performing geotechnical design/analysis and developing geotechnical recommendations.
- Asist laboratory manager in running geotechnical testing on soil samples.
- Express a willingness to visit construction sites to assist in the field with our construction monitoring service group.
- Candidate should be at least 2 years into their academic career
- Candidate should be enrolled in a civil, geotechnical, or environmental engineering educational program (undergraduate or graduate)
- GPA of 3.0 or better
- Demonstrate initiative and a willingness to learn
- Be a collaborative team player with excellent communication skills
- Computer Skills – Strong computer literacy skills including proficiency in all MS Office software
- 40-hour OSHA trained and certified is preferred but not required
- Driver’s license highly preferred
- Ability to work for 3 or more consecutive months on a full-time basis
About Haley & AldrichHaley & Aldrich is a nation-wide community, richly connected by networks of extraordinary people who seek to make the world a better place. We believe in creating potential through our people. If you are looking for an exciting opportunity where you can collaborate, fully engage, learn and put your expertise to work to handle important challenges, we want to talk with you! We offer excellent career growth, a highly competitive total compensation plan and a solid benefits package that includes; health, dental, vision; Short-Term/Long-Term Disability; 401K with match; generous vacation plan and paid time off; tuition reimbursement; long-term care and more. Interested candidates should apply online on our Careers page.Haley & Aldrich is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, age, disability, veteran or any other legally protected status.