SUMMARY/COMPANY INFOHaley & Aldrich, Inc. is committed to delivering the value our clients need from their capital, operations, and environmental projects. Our one-team approach allows us to draw from our 700 engineers, scientists, and constructors in 30 offices for creative collaboration and expert perspectives. Since our founding in 1957, we have one goal in all we do: deliver long-term value efficiently, no matter how straightforward or complex the challenge. In 2020, Haley & Aldrich acquired Hart Crowser, an engineering and environmental consultancy with extensive expertise in the Pacific Northwest and recognized for its cutting-edge performance-based seismic design methods. Visit our company website.We are seeking an experienced Senior Geotechnical Project Manager or Project Manager to serve our Building & Infrastructure business unit and clients. This position could be based out of our Walnut Creek, Oakland, or San Jose, CA office locations.We look for professionals with a passion for solving even the most complex client problems. This problem-solving ability and opportunity to be a change agent is a vital part of the culture, no matter what level or role a staff member holds.DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful candidate will:
- Serve as a key member of the "core" geotechnical team to provide long-term strategic thinking for a highly-integrated, collaborative, and mutually-motivated client/consultant team to safely and efficiently achieve site closures.
- Work collaboratively with a passionate team supporting a wide variety of clients with numerous challenging projects.
- Understand client needs and be able to develop strong client relationships.
- Be capable of managing financial and technical aspects of projects.
- Execute projects to meet technical, quality, budgetary and scheduling requirements.
- Demonstrate very strong verbal communications and written skills including client deliverables.
- Be effective in assigning and managing work.
- Demonstrate strong coaching and mentoring skills to more junior level staff.
- Possess skills in quality control, planning, cost estimating, and scheduling.
- Direct geotechnical field observation and testing programs.
- Be able to effectively prepare recommendations for various foundation systems, including driven piles, drilled piers, mat foundations, micro-piles, and spread footings
- Have advanced knowledge of the California seismic landscape and proven skills of developing hazard mitigation measures required.
- Have experience specific to mid-and high-rise buildings; deep excavations, shoring and underpinning, mass grading, dewatering, and ground improvements techniques.
- Develop a working understanding of H&A’s other consulting practice areas and actively support marketing other, additional services to existing clients.
- Minimum of Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering with specific course-work in geotechnical engineering; Master’s degree in Geotechnical Engineering strongly preferred.
- Must be licensed as a Professional Engineer, Geotechnical Engineer preferred.
- Ability to obtain California registration within 6 months required
- 10+ years of relevant site investigation, geotechnical analysis, and geotechnical engineering construction support experience, including professional services consulting experience
- Proven client relationships supported by repeat business
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be proficient at writing, review, and editing technical reports to meet scope and quality objectives and client
- Ability to comply with the Guiding Principles and Code of Behavior articulated in our Company
About Haley & AldrichHaley & Aldrich is a nation-wide community, richly connected by networks of extraordinary people who seek to make the world a better place. We believe in creating potential through our people. If you are looking for an exciting opportunity where you can collaborate, fully engage, learn and put your expertise to work to handle important challenges, we want to talk with you! We offer excellent career growth, a highly competitive total compensation plan and a solid benefits package that includes; health, dental, vision; Short-Term/Long-Term Disability; 401K with match; generous vacation plan and paid time off; tuition reimbursement; long-term care and more. Interested candidates should apply online on our Careers page.Haley & Aldrich is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, age, disability, veteran or any other legally protected status.