NV5 is a provider of engineering and consulting services to public and private sector clients, delivering solutions through six business verticals: Testing, Inspection & Consulting; Infrastructure; Utility Services; Environmental Health Sciences; Buildings & Program Management; and Geospatial Technology. With offices nationwide and abroad, NV5 helps clients plan, design, build, test, certify, and operate projects that improve the communities where we live and work. As engineers, architects, construction/program managers, environmental professionals and beyond, we play a significant role in shaping our communities through the services we provide. We are looking for passionate, driven individuals to join our team focused on Delivering Solutions and Improving Lives. The Project Engineer acts as the liaison between the project manager and technical disciplines involved in a project and is the primary technical point of contact for the customer. Independently performs project-related assignments. The Project Engineer works under the supervision of an Associate or Senior Engineer.
- Develops project objectives by reviewing project proposals and plans.
- Determines project scope by understanding client requirements, reviewing regulatory standards and preparing cost estimates.
- Determines project schedule, coordinates resources and monitors and controls project budget.
- Supervises field work and analyzes test results.
- Ensures projects are completed according to contractual requirement and agreed-upon schedule.
- Ensures overall quality of the work.
- Coordinates the collection and dissemination of technical information within the company and to the client.
- Maintains client relationship and appropriately manages client expectations and satisfaction.
- Responsible for project financial performance.
- Accurately report observations and test results through clear, concise verbal and written communications.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Geotechnical Engineering, Geology or Equivalent.
- 4 or more years’ experience in engineering.
- Professional PE or PG registration.
NV5 offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, PTO, 401(k) and professional development/advancement opportunities. NV5 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. NV5 complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.