Job No503733Work TypeFull TimeLocationAustralia - NSW/ACT: SydneyCategoriesHydropower and Dams: Dam Engineering
- Global engineering consultancy with great career opportunities
- Opportunity to work on a variety of major projects both locally and internationally
- Friendly working environment across the business
SMEC provides unique opportunities to work on iconic industry projects with experienced colleagues and leadership teams. We support and empower employees to drive innovation initiatives within a well-established and growing organisation.Every employee plays a key role in shaping our business and is driven by teamwork, progressive thinking and creative ideas. We are committed to providing platforms to enable our people to engage in the business, deliver value to clients and develop their careers.When you join SMEC, you join a flexible growing organisation that has a genuine commitment to CSR, diversity and improving the world we live in.InfrastructureAt SMEC, we understand that our continued success within the infrastructure market is the result of building long-term client relationships. We listen and understand the specific needs of our clients and deliver a complete value chain of services to provide sustainable solutions across major infrastructure projects worldwide.We embrace emerging technologies and innovations, including BIM and Virtual Reality, to deliver robust engineering services across the fields of transport and logistics, water and environment and energy and resources. Our journey of growth is only beginning, and we look forward to strengthening our already established capabilities, entering new markets and offering more effective solutions across infrastructure developments worldwide.
Due to upcoming workload and major national opportunities, our National Dams and Hydropower business is currently seeking a Senior Engineer to work closely with our other specialists in the team.This role is based in our Sydney office where you will be involved in both local and ANZ projects. We are looking for a Senior Dams Engineer with a background in dams design, having worked on major projects previously.With 6 years’ post graduate experience, your core responsibilities would include:
- Undertaking and/or Contributing to the Geotechnical, Structural and Hydraulic Design of Dams and River Structures;
- Ensure that analysis and design tasks undertaken meet appropriate technical standards and the requirements of the client and SMEC;
- Proactively collaborate with appropriate team members, contributors and stakeholders to maintain quality, timeliness and coordination of project deliverables;
- Apply project management principles in carrying out assigned tasks and accomplish project deliverables to the required standard in a timely manner;
Suitable applicants will have/be:
- Bachelors’ Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent
- 6 years' experience in dams design and project management.
- Familiar with relevant Australian Standards.
- Be able to lead small teams to get desirable project outcomes
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to work effectively within a diverse and multi-disciplinary environment and be able to mentor less experienced team members.
In return, you will be backed by a market leading Dams and Hydropower team where your fresh ideas and enthusiasm will be welcomed and rewarded.We recognise the value and importance of a diverse and inclusive workplace and look for people with different backgrounds, skills and expertise to drive innovation and shared learning across our growing global network.What we offerWhen you join SMEC, you will have the opportunity to embrace your creativity and drive change across the business. Working with clients and partners, you will be part of an organisation that helps to shape our communities, industries and the global landscape.Our recent growth has provided new and exci