Who we are?Englobe is distinguished by its wide range of services, its presence across Canada, its client satisfaction, and customized approach with a wide range of services from consulting, turnkey project implementation, and soil treatment facilities. Over the years, Englobe has acquired credibility and a reputation for people-centered values.Englobe is proud to have been recognized with prestigious Canada’s Best Managed Companies designation for overall business performance and sustained growth. What we offer:
- Full benefits package (group insurance with cost-sharing upon hiring, group RRSP after 3 months, the possibility of time banking).
- Annual reimbursement of physical activity costs.
- Skills development opportunities.
- Flextime and possibility of a compressed schedule.
- Policy to encourage telework.
- Reimbursement of travel expenses.
DST has an immediate opening for a full time Int. Geotechnical Engineer in our Ottawa, ON office.About the JobThe geotechnical engineer is responsible for leading and directing multi-disciplinary mining, infrastructure and geosciences, related projects. Primary responsibilities include:
- Coordinating projects in one or more of the following areas;
- Geotechnical Drilling;
- Slope Stability Assessments
- Settlement Analyses
- Infrastructure projects including bridges, roads, water management structures, tunnels, rail, water, sewer, etc.
- Coordinating, supervising and performing research and field responsibilities such as geotechnical investigation, geotechnical instrumentation and monitoring, etc.;
- Generating and assisting with preparation of deliverable documentation such as proposals, technical reports, and qualification packages;
- Managing and/or generating deliverable documentation of various projects including technical documents, research projects, case studies, and non-technical reports;
- Qualifying a materials testing laboratory for CCIL certification;
- Conducting technical peer reviews of technical reports;
- Consistently executing prescribed technical procedures and work plans;
- Participating in project management meetings, office meetings, health and safety inspections;
- Conducting project administration tasks as required, including timesheet generation and project invoicing;
- Performing other related duties as required.
- Undergraduate degree required;
- Possession of a Professional Engineering (P.Eng) designation required;
- Minimum of 4-8 years’ Post-designation experience required;
- Experience and knowledge with Geotechnical drilling, settlement analyses, slope stability assessments and concrete and compaction testing, would be an asset;
- Experience writing proposals, specifications, case studies, technical and non-technical reports;
- Experience in reviewing concrete and compaction testing reports and sieve analyses and proctor tests;
- Solid understanding of provincial and federal regulatory requirements acquired through experience and education;
- Possession of valid driver’s license required; and
- Possession of or eligibility to obtain security clearance required.
How to apply:Please forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and quote Job #20-018DST Consulting Engineers Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regards to race, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship status, disability or any other legally protected status. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits, training, termination, promotions, or any other condition of employment or career development.