GZA GeoEnvironmental, Inc. (GZA) is seeking an Entry-Level Civil Engineer in our Amesbury, Massachusetts office. We are actively interviewing candidates now with an anticipated start date in October 2020. A strong academic record, civil engineering skills, analytical and communications skills, and a strong desire to learn multidisciplinary civil engineering skills are essential for this position.
As an Entry-Level Civil Engineer, you will work in the office/remotely and in the field on the following wide variety of exciting civil engineering disciplines including, but not limited to:
- Waterfront Engineering - shore protection; structure design and construction; beach and dune nourishment; coastal surge and wave modeling; sea level rise, climate change, and resiliency design.
- Geotechnical Engineering - subsurface investigations; shallow/deep foundation, settlement and seismic analysis, foundation construction.
- Environmental Engineering - subsurface investigations; soil, air and water sample collection; environmental assessments; monitoring of groundwater and soil remediation, excavation and disposal.
- Dam Safety Engineering - inspections; evaluations including seepage, stability, hydrology and hydraulic analysis; design and construction of dam improvements and dam removal projects
- Structural Engineering - structural inspection and analysis primarily of waterfront structures such as piers and docks, bulkheads, seawalls.
The successful candidate will be exposed to all aspects of site reconnaissance, design, permitting and construction working amongst a diverse team of dedicated engineers, project managers and principals.
- Perform field tasks, site reconnaissance, soil, air and water sampling, inspections, and construction observation.
- Prepare engineering assessment, inspection, feasibility, and design reports.
- Prepare construction and bid documents including drawings, specifications, and construction cost estimates.
- Conduct field and office QA/QC responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s of Science degree required. Master’s of Science degree in Civil Engineering or desire to obtain advanced degree while obtaining work experience preferred.
- EIT certification preferred, with desire to progress to P.E. within reasonable timeframe.
- 0 - 3 years’ relevant experience.
- Highly motivated self-starter with excellent problem-solving skills and a professional attitude.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to prepare clear and concise letters, memoranda, technical reports and figures.
- Strong computer skills including a solid foundation in MS Office applications, ARCGIS and/or AutoCAD/Civil 3D.
- Ability to travel at local and regional levels.
- Surveying experience is a plus.
- Construction experience is a plus.
- 40 hour OSHA HAZWOPER and/or 10 hour OSHA construction training is a plus.
- Professional development and enrichment
- Exciting work environment
- Generous, company-subsidized benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, tuition reimbursement, and 401K retirement plan.
GZA is an employee-owned multidisciplinary engineering consulting firm with a history of more than 50 years of providing innovative engineering solutions to improve the natural and built environment. We are an ENR Top 500 Design firm focused on geotechnical, environmental, water, ecological, and construction management services. With a staff of interrelated professionals dedicated to providing high-level expertise on complex projects above, below and at ground-level, GZA’s experts provide seamless integration across practice areas, client type, and location.
GZA values diversity and is committed to providing an accepting and inclusive work environment for all employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. GZA does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, marital or veteran status, age or other protected status.Department: Civil Engineering
This is a full time position