Do you want to work for one of the top engineering firms in the country?Simpson Gumpertz & Heger Inc. (SGH) is a national engineering firm that designs, investigates, and rehabilitates structures and building enclosures. Our award-winning work encompasses building, energy, civil/infrastructure, and science/defense projects in the United States, Canada, and more than thirty additional countries.We want someone passionate about structural engineering and problem solving.The Heavy Civil Division provides engineering services with emphasis on investigation, repair, and rehabilitation of a variety of deteriorated or underperforming structures, as well as new design of constructed works. The ideal candidate will support the continued development of a wide array of geotechnical, geo-structural, and construction engineering services within SGH. The candidate will be expected to have a strong technical background to support our work by conducting geotechnical and geo-structural analyses, preparing drawings and specifications, researching technical issues, writing reports, conducting field visits, and performing construction administration activities.What You’ll Be Doing:
- Perform various types of engineering analyses and design associated with deep and shallow foundations, earth retaining structures, excavation support systems, soil settlement, slope stability, soil dynamics and earthquake engineering, groundwater flow and seepage, earthen embankments/dams/reservoirs, tunnels, and asphalt and concrete pavement.
- Plan, schedule, conduct and/or coordinate field and laboratory services for a wide range of project types including new design, forensic investigations, and repair/remediation.
- Assist in preparing reports.
- Prepare drawings and project specifications suitable for construction.
- Perform construction administration and construction monitoring duties.
- Assist in the preparation of scope, schedules, and budgets for proposals.
What You’ll Need:
- MS with a concentration in Geotechnical or GeoStructural Engineering.
- Communication skills: excellent written, oral and verbal communication skills. Ability to convey information to internal and external clients clearly.
- Problem-solving ability: capability to solve minor or complex problems using data, logic, and judgement. Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical skills.
- Team-oriented mindset – ability to work successfully with others toward a shared goal with active participation.
- Accountability and responsibility - ability to meet deadlines. Willingness take independent initiative to ensure tasks are competed.
- Enthusiasm, passion, and desire for continued learning of new ideas and concepts.
- Familiarity with computer analysis software (e.g., e.g., GEOSLOPE Suite, Slide, Plaxis, LPILEplus, GRLWEAP, CIVILTech Shoring, DeepEX, Settle3D, etc.)
- Valid driver’s license and an acceptable Motor Vehicle Report.
- Willingness to travel to out-of-state project sites on occasion and ability to travel to remote job sites not accessible by public transportation.
- FE/EIT certification, preferred.
Why You'll Like Working at SGH:
- Our work: Our clients trust us with their most challenging projects and we leverage our collective expertise to deliver exceptional results. At SGH, you will develop innovative solutions for the built environment by working with industry thought leaders and accessing the latest in testing, research, and technology.
- Our people: We are people of high character and diverse talents who are committed to lifelong learning and professional growth. As part of our team, you will join peers who love solving difficult problems and strive to be outstanding in everything we do.
- Our commitment: We live with integrity and embrace an obligation to give back. Here, you can help advance our profession by contributing to industry organizations, committees, standards, and procedures. Within our communities, we strive to improve neighborhoods and mentor our future leaders.
- Our contribution: At SGH, you have access to a comprehensive and rich compensation and benefits package with company-paid and voluntary programs to help build healthy lifestyles, strong relationships, and future prosperity.
SGH has 600 employees and offices in Boston; Chicago; Houston; New York City; San Francisco; Southern California; and Washington, DC.SGH is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value diversity in our workforce. We are committed to providing equal opportunities to all job applicants and employees. We consider all qualified applicants and encourage individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to apply. If the application system is not accessible to you, or you need a reasonable accommodation to apply due to a disability, please email email@example.com.