From the moment you join us, you’ll start receiving the training you need. You’ll work closely with a professional engineer, alongside a team of engineers of similar experience and globally-recognized industry professionals. From your first week, you’ll gain exposure to project work and start honing the skills to help you progress your journey at Mott MacDonald.
Based from our NYC, NY office, as a tunnel engineer, your responsibilities will include:
- Assisting in the preparation and modification of reports, specifications, plans, studies, and designs for tunnels and underground projects.
- Compiles and computes a variety of engineering data.
- Independently evaluates, selects, and applies standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria, using judgment in making minor adaptations and modifications.
- Assist in preparation of geotechnical reports and evaluations.
- Attends meetings with Clients and Contractors.
- Receives and reviews various shop drawings for projects.
- Participate in onsite site investigations at various sites in the area
It’s not all just about work though. We encourage a healthy work-life balance. Each of our offices have a dedicated and active sports and social team, offering discounted activities throughout the year.
We invite applications from candidates with the following experience:
- Master’s in civil engineering or EIT. Degree(s) should be structural, geotechnical, or civil engineering, with a preference for underground structures.
- Relevant internships, co-ops or practical work-experience
- Ability to use your initiative to undertake tasks efficiently and independently
- Excellent verbal communication skills, which allow you to confidently liaise with clients and team members
- Excellent written communication and attention to detail and be able to demonstrate accurate technical drawings and good report writing
- Willingness to learn
- 1+ years' experience preferred
Here at Mott MacDonald, we are experts in engineering, management, and development services supporting multisector project work in over 150 countries. One of the largest employee-owned companies in the world, we pride ourselves in our ability to deliver exceptional outcomes through the connected thinking of our 16,000+ talented consultants. Sustainability and innovation are at the heart of all of our sectors which, in North America include Advisory, Built Environment, Energy, Transportation, and Water.
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our organization, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We value the diversity of our staff and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment where everyone has the chance to contribute.
Equal employment opportunity is the law. English version, Spanish version, Chinese version.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status or disability status.