As a Geotechnical Lab Technician, you will play a key role in supporting our geotechnical projects by scheduling and performing a variety of tests (including Atterberg limits, sieve analysis, Proctor, and Hydrometer tests) and ensuring all tests are completed in accordance with ASTM and AASHTO specifications. You will also be responsible for planning and maintenance of laboratory facilities and field/lab equipment and other duties related to lab operations as assigned. Additional responsibilities include occasional field visits to gather and/or pick up soil samples or support other tasks related to field activities. Preferred Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Two years of experience in related field preferred
- Knowledge of various soil and water characteristics a plus
- Self-starter with the ability to prioritize and manage own schedule
- Ability to retrieve and interpret information from technical manuals
- Strong attention to detail and skill in working with numbers including mathematical calculations involving percentages, fractions and decimals
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to perform wide range of physical activities, including sustained walking, bending, twisting, standing and reaching, and perform medium to heavy work including occasionally lifting over 50 pounds and exerting up to 50 pounds of force.
- Affinity for solving mechanical problems
- Valid driver's license required
GeoEngineers is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values workplace diversity.