Schnabel is an employee-owned, professional consulting firm that focuses on solving problems related to the earth and environment through specialization in dam, geotechnical, geostructural, and tunnel engineering. Schnabel’s high standards for quality, business ethics, and concern for the communities they live in and support, are a vital part of who they are and what they offer. Founded in 1956, Schnabel has experienced tremendous success and growth through its dedication to excellence in client service, high quality, and value-added solutions. Schnabel is an ENR Top 500 Design Firm and Top 10 Dams and Reservoirs Design Firm with 400 employees in 22 offices throughout the United States.Recognized by CE News as one of the Best Engineering Firms to Work for, Schnabel provides employees with a competitive benefits package, including health, dental, life and disability. Engagement in Schnabel’s wellness program offers incentives for employees to pursue a healthy lifestyle, and the firm rewards employees through its Employee Stock Ownership Plan.Job Description:Are you looking for interesting and meaningful work, a fun and flexible atmosphere, and opportunities to learn, grow, and excel? If so, then welcome to Schnabel! We approach problems with creativity and innovation. The Philadelphia Area office is seeking a Senior Dams/Geotechnical Engineer to support our growing business. Schnabel Engineering provides a broad range of professional services related to Dams, Levees, and Water and Wastewater infrastructure to private-sector and public-sector clients throughout the U.S. and abroad. We are looking for a motivated candidate with attention to detail, a passion to continue to develop as a professional, and a desire to be part of a strong team. Job Responsibilities:
- Provide geotechnical dam expertise to the Philadelphia Area office and firm-wide Dam Engineering Group.
- Provide geotechnical expertise to the Geotechnical Engineering Group on an as-needed basis.
- Review design drawings, calculations, and technical reports for compliance with geotechnical dam engineering state of the practice.
- Provide geotechnical design and data review support during site explorations, instrumentation programs and construction.
- Manage projects through investigation, design, and construction.
- Develop engineering proposals.
- Advance Schnabel’s dam engineering practice through sound designs, conference presentations, publishing of technical papers, participation in pertinent technical committees, and research and development.
- Proactively market dam engineering and other services offered by Schnabel.
- Guide junior staff in the development of engineering recommendations and writing of technical reports.
- Perform project management activities including communicating resource needs, planning and delegating work, management of project budgets, invoicing and backlog reporting.
- Manage client relationships and business development opportunities.
- Manage, teach, and mentor junior staff, commensurate with experience level.
- Master's degree focused in geotechnical engineering, from an ABET-accredited institution.
- 15 years of relevant work experience in Geotechnical Dam Engineering is required.
- A current Professional Engineering license.
- Experience developing detailed design drawings and specifications.
- Familiarity with potential failure modes analysis (PFMA), risk assessments (qualitative, semi-quantitative or quantitative), and risk informed decision making (RIDM).
- A strong work ethic and the desire to perform professionally at a high level.
- Effective time management, written communication skills, analytical skills, interpersonal skills, and the ability to work independently or as part of a team, efficiently balance multiple concurrent tasks, responsibilities, and commitments.
- Candidates must have a valid driver’s license and must undergo a background check that may include criminal history, motor vehicle record and credit checks, plus a drug screen.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment screening.
- U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Resident status is required. No visa sponsorship will be provided.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability