Currently seeing a Geotechnical Technicain/Engineering Technician for a full service geotechnical firm in the Milwaukee Area.This is a full time and permanent role. Please contact Shae at 414-214-6030 for more information.Duties:
- Perform routine concrete materials testing, laboratory work, documentation, and perform non-technical functions and office tasks. Testing and quality control for concrete samples
- Examined foundations soils for bearing strength and classification
- Performed nuclear density compaction for earthwork and asphalt pavement
- Performed proctors tests, gradations and moisture contents.
- Field observation and testing during concrete placements.
- Sampling, inspection and testing of soils and aggregates.
- Laboratory testing of concrete cylinders, aggregates and soils
Qualified candidates must be detail orientated and able to work independently as well as in a team environment. This position requires basic computer aptitude and effective written and oral communication skills. Candidates must also have a high school diploma or equivalent; possess a valid driver's license and the ability to frequently lift heavy objects weighing greater than fifty pounds on a daily basis. Some weekend and overtime work may be required.
Not Necessary but a definite plus would be would have one or more of the following HTCP (WisDOT) certifications: PCCTEC-I, AGGTEC-I, CST, Grading Tech and/or NucDensity. At least one year of field experience on DOT or Private jobs with concrete and soils material testing is desired.
No PPE, certifications, or medical monitoring required.
About Aerotek:Your success starts with the right career opportunity. Aerotek uses a people-focused approach to connect job seekers to incredible opportunities with leading organizations. Established in 1983, we've grown to become a consistent Best of Staffing® winner for talent satisfaction because of our dedication to exceptional service. Serving over 300,000 contract workers every year, we specialize in placing workers with engineering, scientific, professional and industrial skill sets. Aerotek is proud to offer competitive benefits, including contributory medical, dental and vision insurance, weekly pay, discounts on consumer goods and services and more.