See Terracon’s Safety Response to Covid-19 belowJob DescriptionGeneral Responsibilities:
Provide geotechnical engineering and consulting services for a broad array of projects and clients. This may include:
- Performing geotechnical field investigations;
- Performing geotechnical engineering analyses and calculations (bearing capacity, settlement, pile capacity, etc);
- Assigning and reviewing geotechnical laboratory testing;
- Assisting with the writing and preparation of geotechnical data and engineering reports;
- Assisting with the design and development of geotechnical engineering-related plans and specifications;
- Performing geotechnical engineering-related construction observations and inspections; and,
- Assisting with preparation of geotechnical engineering-related proposals and cost estimates.
Candidate must have a sound understanding of engineering theory and excellent communication skills.
Willingness to learn is a requirement. AutoCAD and Microstation skills are a plus.
Services may be in the public works, transportation, commercial, communications, federal, energy, and/or industrial sectors.
- Follow safety rules, guidelines and standards for all projects. Participate in pre-task planning. Report any safety issues or concerns to management.
- Maintain quality standards on all projects. The staff geotechnical engineer works under the supervision of a Professional Engineer and an Authorized Project Reviewer.
- Actively communicate progress and problems on project assignments with project manager and project team.
- Assist senior-level professionals with scoping, planning, executing, and reporting on projects.
- Plan and execute small assignments of minimal complexity.
- Provide accurate and detailed oversight of geotechnical field exploration and construction observation projects.
- Interacts with project team in developing scope of services and communicating project progress. Minimal communication directly with client.
- Master’s degree in geotechnical engineering.
- Minimum 0-3 years’ experience in geotechnical engineering.
- Passed Fundamentals of Engineering exam (FE) or Engineering Intern (EI) required.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
- U.S. Citizen with a clean record to obtain security clearance
Terracon’s Safety Response to COVID-19Committed to Our Employee Safety!
Terracon is passionate about your safety before, during, and after the COVID-19 pandemic. As Terracon continues to move forward and grow through this time, we are continuing to take every precaution to ensure the safety of our employee-owners. If you are as committed to your success as we are committed to your safety, then Terracon is the company for you!
Our goal has not changed. For Terracon, our guiding principle has been and will continue to be the safety of our employee-owners. It’s that simple. We want our employees to be able to work safely in every situation and go home safely each night. As we continue our vision of being “Best at People,” here are some of the things Terracon is doing to safeguard every employee-owner:
- On-going communication with ALL employee-owners on a dedicated COVID Response page, and a portal for their families to have access to resources as well
- Requiring specific COVID-19 Pre-Task Safety Planning Protocols for all tasks and projects
- Empowering employees to speak up and say “no” to working in unsafe conditions
- Providing an additional 40 hours of sick leave to anyone impacted by COVID-19, including those impacted by daycare and school closures
- Offering voluntary reduced work schedule for anyone needing extra time to care for others
- Load leveling work assignments across regions to maintain high productivity and chargeability
- Ensuring proper PPE and sanitation on all project sites by providing field employee-owners with mobile hand washing stations and supplies, masks, and sanitizing kits
- Utilizing technology for more remote work opportunities and innovation using everything from video conferencing to drones
- Following all CDC guidelines including social distancing on job sites, in offices, and in our labs
- Implementing a stand-by leave program to ensure our employees continue service and health insurance benefits during regional work shortages
If your passion lies in working with a company that truly cares for your safety, and if you’re interested in belonging to a 100% employee-owned organization that will help you grow and quickly progress in your career, consider Terracon and apply today!About TerraconTerracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in more than 150 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.EEO StatementTerracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.