KCB Australia (KCB) requires a Hydrogeologist to support the Geosciences Group in Australasia. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work with an experienced and growing team of hydrogeologists, geochemists and engineers, servicing clients in mining and non-mining sectors across Australasia, Asia-Pacific, and internationally.This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Hydrogeological assessments including data collection, interpretation of field data, site investigation planning and co-ordination, assisting with aquifer conceptualisation, client and regulatory liaison and contribution to hydrogeological reports
- Be involved in field programs including drilling and aquifer testing programs, water sampling, field mapping, bore completion, contractor management and more
- Support other projects as required, particularly larger geosciences, engineering and environmental studies in a variety of locations with unique technical challenges
Qualifications and Experience:
- A Bachelor's degree in Geology or Geosciences.
- A post-graduate degree in Hydrogeology.
- Working experience in hydrogeology encompassing field work, analysis, assessment and design, report writing and liaison with clients and regulators (ideally 2 -3 or more of working experience).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English; other languages are an asset
- Willing and able to travel both domestically and internationally.
This is a position offering unique technical challenges and great opportunity for involvement in a number of world class projects as part of an experienced geosciences team.About Us:Klohn Crippen Berger (KCB) is a multi-disciplinary consulting firm providing engineering, geoscience and environmental services globally to the mining, hydropower, environmental, transportation, geotechnical, oil & gas, and water resources sectors. We offer a full range of services from our offices in Australia, Canada, USA, UK, Brazil and Peru.Our Australian operations work on challenging projects in the Mining, Energy and Government Sectors both domestically and internationally. We are a global leader in tailings management, dam designs, multi-disciplinary civil engineering services, geotechnical and foundation engineering, hydrogeology, hydrotechnical, and environmental and reclamation services.We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified career seekers. We offer competitive salaries commensurate with experience and an attractive flexible benefits package designed to suit your individual needs. KCB is an Australian Business Awards Employer of Choice recipient (2015-2019).Are you up to the challenge?If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, simply apply with your résumé and covering letter quoting the job reference number 1547-DX21.We thank all candidates for applying, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.