Geocomp seeks a client-focused Area Practice Lead with Geostructural Engineering expertise to help grow our New York office. In this role you will be responsible for the expansion and profitable operation of the office through client strategy development, skillful financial and operational management, and the supervision and development of staff in our Geostructural and Instrumentation groups. Our ideal candidate will have demonstrated sales and project management success and the ability to lead others towards a goal of client satisfaction and project profitability.When you join Geocomp, you will enjoy a unique and welcoming culture, focused on delivering best applicable practices. You will find that we offer a collaborative and supportive environment aimed at delivering high value services, allowing you to do your best work. We encourage all our employees to strive for personal and professional excellence and to act with integrity and honesty. We are looking for candidates who enjoy delivering innovative, value-based solutions for our clients and have a desire to learn, grow and have fun doing it. Those who take initiative and who are self-motivated will thrive in Geocomp’s environment.Job Expectations:Leadership and People
- Lead and manage the New York Consulting Group to meet the strategic and tactical objectives established by the Geocomp leadership team for execution, budget, quality, and safety.
- Create, sustain, and support an environment within the New York Consulting Group that makes it a great place to work.
- Collaborate with other groups in Geocomp to grow opportunities for our staff
- Oversee and coordinate efforts to build and maintain strong sales pipelines and forecasts for the New York office.
- Manage and grow client relationships as an integral part of our growth strategy.
- Develop pursuit strategies and oversee preparation of proposals and bids for the New York office and in collaboration with other offices.
- Oversee and manage completion of projects to client satisfaction and procuring new work to grow the office.
Project and Client Management Responsibilities
- Manage NY team to meet scope, schedule and budget to meet and ideally exceed client expectations across the folio of active projects.
- Supervise and coordinate staff for specific projects to obtain alignment between client needs and Geocomp resource allocations.
- Ensure deliverables are provided on time and within scope and budget.
- Routinely interact and manage relationships with clients, customers, officials, contractors, and other stakeholders.
- Promote positive and effective health and safety practices and ensure that standards and requirements are being met.
- Assemble and manage project team for each assignment to optimize results.
- Manage our geostructural work for various underground components in which you have expertise with strong support from other professionals in the Geocomp organization.
- Help achieve strategic objectives for delivery of best applicable practices, effective project management and active risk management.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Minimum eight years' experience with goeotech projects
- Professional Engineer (Geotechnical or Geostructural background required)
- Master of Science in Civil Engineering with a major in geotechnical or structural engineering preferred or equivalent in applicable experience
- Strong leadership capabilities and team player
Excellent communication skills and experience in making technical and business presentations