LaBella Associates was established in 1978 and is a certified Great Place To Work. We are headquartered in Rochester, NY with offices across New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Connecticut, Maine, Virginia, North and South Carolina, Alabama, and Madrid, Spain. LaBella is a multi-disciplined architectural and engineering firm dedicated to client satisfaction through teamwork, respect, and trust. We provide services that take a project from start to finish—from an initial study to determine a project’s feasibility to construction administration and start up, and everything in between.
LaBella is currently hiring Substation Construction Managers in our Program Management Services Division in Binghamton, New York.
The Program Management Services Division at LaBella provides comprehensive management services for complex projects and multi-year capital programs. Project teams are established to provide a customized mix of business consulting, project management, financial control and monitoring, administrative, and technical support services.
The Construction Manager will be responsible for managing and overseeing assigned work and coordinating the daily activities of assigned contractor crews/locations to assure high standards of safety, security, environmental compliance. This position will be required to coordinate with a multi-disciplined team including the Project Manager, Scheduler, Document Control and contractors to effectively manage client construction requirements. As a construction manager, responsibilities include Safety, Contractor and Client interfacing, QMS, QA/QC, Materials Management and Constructability Reviews.
- Demonstrates leadership in health, safety and environmental protection on the project. Applies the requirements of the project specific safety program to promote overall compliance of health and safety standards, applicable regulations and codes with all employees and subcontractors on the project.
- Assists in the creation and facilitation the project quality program to ensure project materials are supplied and work is completed accordingly.
- Works with the Project Manager to ensure that projects are built according to approved plans, specifications, shop drawings, and applicable building codes and that quality standards are maintained.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of the construction schedule in conjunction with project team to meet milestone and completion dates.
- Leads project meetings when Project Manager is unavailable with internal and external stakeholders to monitor and support the project’s ongoing progression.
- Coordinate with internal and external resources for pre-bid and pre-construction meetings as required.
- Participate in construction conference calls and meetings to report on status of assigned construction projects. Ensure safe and reliable construction electrical systems consistent with company goals, objectives and policies, in full compliance with existing and relevant emerging government codes and regulations.
- Oversee Contractors and associated personnel on site to main accident free workplace.
- Ensure Schedule Compliance.
- Keep written/photographs and records onsite to adequately document project to client standards.
- Document and publish daily and weekly construction reports to the PM.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Construction Management with 7 years relevant experience preferred. Associates Degree with a minimum of 10 years relevant experience or High School Diploma with the completion of the relevant progression program and 15 years relevant experience required.
- At least 5 years of experience in managing electrical substation projects.
- Experience with Quality Management System Standards (i.e. ISO-9001, TS-16949, etc.)
- Proficient in Microsoft Project, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
The offer of employment for this position will be conditioned upon a satisfactory criminal background check.Company Perks
- Company Vehicle
- Health/Dental Insurance
- 401k Plan
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Profit Sharing
- Paid Time Off
- Verizon Wireless Discount
- Gym Reimbursement
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Referral Bonus Program
- Wellness Program
- Team Building Events
- Community Service Events