Job DescriptionThe Project Engineer will be responsible for performing professional engineering work assignments designed to provide effective technical solutions and value to the client and to develop and increase professional knowledge and abilities. These assignments require application of standard or advanced geotechnical investigation techniques, analyses, procedures, and criteria.Job Responsibilities
- Use prescribed methods to perform project tasks .
- Apply standard practices and techniques, adjust and correlate data, recognize discrepancies in results, and follow operations through a series of detailed steps or processes.
- Work with other project professionals and assist with project execution, including coordinating field exploration, assigning laboratory testing and performing analyses.
- Work with project professionals on proposal and report preparation.
- Complete assignments in a timely and accurate manner within project budget.
- Meet all utilization goals as determined by Activity Center Manager or supervisor.
- Be able to travel extensively (required), both domestically and internationally.
- Observe and follow all company safety rules and procedures.
- Support and encourage continuous improvement of the company’s processes, including safety program and quality management system.
- Must be 18 years of age
- Legally authorized to work in the United States, without restrictions
- Posses or can obtain a US Passport
- Ability to travel, both domestic and international
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a Project Engineer focused on application of geotechnical investigations, analyses and procedures.
- California Civil Engineer License (or ability to obtain license within 1 year)
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university in Civil Engineering (Geotechnical Engineering Focus) or equivalent required. Master’s Degree preferred
- Possess excellent understanding and knowledge of geotechnical engineering and related disciplines and associated field data acquisition procedures.
- Possess practical knowledge of college-level calculus, geometry, statistics, and other related mathematical disciplines.
- Be proficient in the use of technology, including standard office and engineering software and equipment.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence. Present information and ideas and respond to questions in a clear and concise manner.
Our Contribution to You (Growth Opportunity)At Fugro, we focus on helping our employees at every level of their career identify and use their strengths to contribute their best every day. From entry-level team members to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to grow knowledge and experiences. We support our employees by offering opportunities to sharpen their skills through on-the-job learning experiences to formal internal and external development programs.Bene?tsAt Fugro, we value people and offer a broad range of bene?ts which include, but are not limited to:
- A choice of Medical, Dental and Vision Plans.
- Basic Group Life and AD&D Insurance.
- Short-term and Long-term Disability.
- A broad range of voluntary bene?ts.
- An employer matched, 100% vested 401(k) Plan.
#LIHB1We offer:As the world’s largest integrator of geotechnical, survey, subsea and geosciences services, we offer talented individuals almost unlimited growth potential.As a Fugro employee, you will get to work with talented people on a global scale who contribute as a team to our corporate strategy. Additionally, you will have access to ongoing training and development which will sharpen your skills and broaden your knowledge and abilities.This combination of experience, ongoing training and development, and working with great people will allow you to grow your career and explore new opportunities with Fugro around the globe.How to apply?If you are interested in this role we look forward to discussing this opportunity with you. Please click on our ‘apply’ button and upload your resume and cover letter.Disclaimer for recruitment agencies:Fugro does not accept any unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies. Acquisition to Fugro Recruitment or any Fugro employee is not appreciated.Fugro USA posting DisclaimerFugro is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources directly at 713-369-5600, option 5 or email@example.com.