Job DescriptionAssociate professionals are registered engineers or geologists, typically with advanced professional certifications, who manage and conduct major projects and pursuits from a commercial and technical perspective using independent actions and responsible judgment. They supervise groups of staff or independent business units utilizing Fugro's project management procedures and guidelines.Job Responsibilities
- Manage, direct and execute major projects from a commercial as well as technical perspective.
- Manage business units or sub-units as assigned.
- Ensure that commitments to clients are met for budget, timeliness, and accuracy
- Play a lead role in business development, recruitment, and hiring.
- Assign duties to the project team, answer their questions, monitor their progress, and checks accuracy of completed work.
- Provide senior level review of proposals and reports.
- Make presentations to clients and staff.
- Mentor and train subordinate professionals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Associate Professionals supervise staff to senior-level professionals and technical staff including assigning duties, providing direction, monitoring performance, and checking accuracy of work. May be responsible for conducting annual performance appraisals, and coaching and disciplining employees.
- Authorized to work in the United States, without restrictions.
- BSc degree in Geotechnical Engineer, Geology and/or equivalent combination of education and experience, MSc degree highly preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience as a geotechnical engineer
- Registered Professional Engineer in California required
- Geotechnical engineering, engineering geologist, and/or hydrogeologist registration preferred but not required
- Individual must possess an excellent understanding and knowledge of geotechnical engineer, geology, and related disciplines
- Individual must possess an overall understanding of technical requirements and field data acquisition procedures
- Must be proficient in the use of software for communication, project management and technical analysis
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret contracts and proposal requests, technical procedures, and regulations
- Excellent ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals with clarity and good grammar
- Ability to effectively present idea and technical information orally in a clear and concise manager and respond to questions form groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public
Our Contribution to You (Growth Opportunity)
At Fugro, we focus on helping our employees at every level of their career identify and use their strengths to contribute their best every day. From entry-level team members to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to grow knowledge and experiences. We support our employees by offering opportunities to sharpen their skills through on the job learning experiences to formal internal and external development programs.Benefits
At Fugro, we value people and offer a broad range of benefits which include, but are not limited to:
- A choice of Medical, Dental and Vision Plans.
- Basic Group Life and AD&D Insurance.
- Short-term and Long-term Disability.
- A broad range of voluntary benefits.
- An employer matched, 100% vested 401(k) Plan.
We offer:As the world’s largest integrator of geotechnical, survey, subsea and geosciences services, we offer talented individuals almost unlimited growth potential.As a Fugro employee, you will get to work with talented people on a global scale who contribute as a team to our corporate strategy. Additionally, you will have access to ongoing training and development which will sharpen your skills and broaden your knowledge and abilities.This combination of experience, ongoing training and development, and working with great people will allow you to grow your career and explore new opportunities with Fugro around the globe.How to apply?If you are interested in this role we look forward to discussing this opportunity with you. Please click on our ‘apply’ button and upload your resume and cover letter.Disclaimer for recruitment agencies:Fugro does not accept any unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies. Acquisition to Fugro Recruitment or any Fugro employee is not appreciated.Fugro USA posting DisclaimerFugro is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources directly at 713-369-5600, option 5 or firstname.lastname@example.org.