DLZ Corporation is an award-winning architecture and engineering firm serving public and private entities across the nation. As a multidisciplinary firm, DLZ provides engineering and architectural design services, construction management, surveying, right-of-way acquisition and materials testing. In 2016, DLZ was named Design Firm of the Year by Engineering News-Record (ENR) Midwest. In addition, DLZ is consistently ranked as one of ENR's Top 150 U.S. Design Firms. Our growth is a testament to the quality of our work and the satisfaction of our clients.
Our mission is to build on our reputation for excellence by becoming the preferred architectural, engineering, and environmental firm. We focus on meeting and exceeding our clients’ expectations and are known for our competence, integrity, and contributions to the people and communities we service and in which we live.
DLZ Corporation currently has a Geotechnical Engineer opportunity in Columbus, Akron, or Bridgeville PA. Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform Geotechnical engineering, analyses, and recommendations for bridges, retaining walls, building/structures, dams and levees.
- Perform and direct others with geotechnical inspections reports, site reconnaissance, soil borings, and field investigations.
- Assist senior level engineers with the preparation of geotechnical analyses and recommendations for bridges, retaining walls, buildings/structures, dams, and levees.
- Interact with clients on an as-needed basis.
- Perform all work in a safe and responsible manner, in accordance with the company Health and Safety Plan.
- Possess aptitude to act as a positive representative of the company and its core values.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering with an emphasis in Geotechnical Engineering or related discipline
- Masters of Science in Civil Engineering preferred
- 5 or more years relevant experience
- Engineer in Training (EIT) required, Professional Engineer (PE) Registration preferred
- Proficient with Microstation and/or AutoCAD preferred.
- Experience with ODOT projects and/or Corps of Engineer's highly desired.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office including: Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, and Power Point
- Available for occasional short-term travel.
- Ability to visit and safely traverse construction and project sites and complying with all applicable safety codes and requirements.
At DLZ we offer an excellent benefit package including health, dental, vision and life insurance, medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts, health savings account, and 401(k) with an Employee Stock Ownership Program. We also offer an innovative wellness program including gym reimbursement! DLZ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. DLZ fully supports and maintains compliance with all state, federal, and local regulations. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other category protected by federal, state, and local laws.