Join a team that has been partnering with our clients for more than 100 years to improve the quality of life around the world. We operate with the strength of a $3B company paired with the agility of a specialized power and dams group, to deliver some of the most iconic and cutting edge projects around the world. This proud legacy has fostered a culture of innovation and safety, leading our team to design the world’s most impactful waterpower and dam projects — projects vital to both local and global communities.Whether helping to define microgrids, pushing the boundaries on clean energy or electric grid modernization, you’ll find yourself working with leaders in power delivery, thermal generation, and renewable energy in one of the world’s top 10 design firms, broadening your skills and developing your career.Your OpportunityReporting to the global Sector Leader (SL), the US-West Power Delivery Business Development Leader referred hereafter as the Regional Sector Leader (RSL) supports and drives top line development throughout targeted geographies and Business Centers (BCs), alongside account managers, project delivery teams, and BC leadership. They are “seller-doers” who are accountable for developing and meeting top line goals and targets. They serve as regional leaders to drive and promote sales collaboration bringing a wider sector focus to local, regional, national and global clients while serving as advisors and strategic partners with BC leaders. The RSLs work collaboratively with BC leaders to identify and develop project opportunities, create win strategies through deep understanding of client needs/requirements, competition, and local drivers, and assist the BCs with building teams to drive results and support anticipated growth.This position can be located in any key Stantec-office location, with a preference for locations with a Power & Dams presence on the West Coast (Sacramento CA, San Diego CA, Walnut Creek CA, Denver CO, Bellevue, WA).Your ResponsibilitiesPrimary:
- Sustaining and growing sector revenue and sales within the region working collaboratively with the regional business centers, account teams, and project teams to achieve defined operational performance metrics.
- Contributing to the development and execution of the sector business strategy for the with accountability for region-specific strategies and priorities.
- Supporting local business development pursuits and coordinating a core team of professionals to achieve business development and financial goals.
- Collaborate with counterpart regional and individual SLs within the Business Lines to leverage client and sector information as well as expertise across offices.
- Facilitate partnerships among integrated practice groups.
- Meet health and safety goals and targets and personal utilization requirements.
Marketing and Business Development:
- Working collaboratively with the SL and the BC leaders in the region, support and drive regional business development pursuits including strategic proposal development for the sector and coordinating a core group of professionals to achieve business development and financial goals.
- Serve as a seller-doer generating work and working with clients to create long-term relationships and delivering long-term value to clients for Stantec.
- Leading and coordinating business development efforts, including market research, client relationships, developing leads, and securing contracts.
- Developing and driving the sector marketing and business development (M&BD) plans, budgets, and key performance indicators in collaboration with BC leadership.
- Developing, reviewing, and facilitating business approvals for proposals, reports, and contract documents in accordance with Stantec policy.
- Developing and maintaining industry relationships and visibility with current and prospective clients, sub-consultants, competitor/ teaming partners, and potential recruits.
- Champion and conduct client surveys to capture accurate feedback and develop action plans to share the positive results and take advantage of the opportunities for improvement across the Business Line.
- Attending selected conferences (travel permitting) and maintaining active memberships in associations (such as board posts and committee memberships), as needed.
- Coach, mentor, and develop a team of professionals dedicated to growing our Power & Dams business and further developing Stantec’s profile in the marketplace.
- Assist the SL and BC leaders in developing and implementing sector specific career and business goals for staff.
- Assist in resource management processes, recruitment, and succession planning across the sector.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Technical experience in Power Delivery disciplines (distribution, substation, or transmission).
- Demonstrated leadership ability to engage, connect and motivate others as well as empower, mentor, teach, and promote others.
- Project delivery experience working with a diverse and distributed staff and client base.
- In-depth knowledge of Stantec’s service offerings, processes, quality control standards, and industry standards.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Ability to travel up to 20% and work outside normal hours of operation.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Engineering.
- Registered Professional Engineering is preferred.
- 10 years of relevant work experience.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.Job: Electrical EngineerPrimary Location: United States-California-SacramentoOther Locations: United States-Washington-Bellevue, United States-California-San Diego, United States-Colorado-Denver, United States-California-Walnut CreekEmployee Status: RegularJob Level: ManagerTravel: Yes, 20 % of the TimeSchedule: Full-timeReq ID: 200001HG