Work for an Industry Leader
Challenging Projects & Dynamic Work Environment
Extensive Training Program
Community Service Opportunities Langan is an award-winning ENR Top 500 Design Firm that offers integrated engineering and environmental services for both public and private sector clients at sites located throughout the United States and abroad. Langan receives numerous recognitions for its technical expertise as well as its work environment, including “Best Places to Work” by NJBIZ, Zweig Group’s “Hot Firm” and ranked “Best Firm to Work For” in four categories, “Best Places to Work in Pennsylvania” by Best Companies Group and Pittsburgh Business Times “Best Places to Work in Western PA”, “Top Engineering Firm” by both San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal. Visit our website for more information about our awards and recognitions. Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish! Join our team of industry leaders and make a difference on some of the most exciting and interesting projects in the field! Langan has openings for entry level Geotechnical Engineers at our New York, NY office. As the successful candidate, you will be working on both small-scale and large-scale projects primarily in the New York City heavy excavation and foundation construction markets. You will assist with the preparation of technical reports, specifications, plans, designing foundations, retaining walls, and other geotechnical aspects of construction. The candidate must be able to perform field inspections of geotechnical and foundation projects. Possession of a strong technical education, professional demeanor, and desire to learn is essential to this position. Job Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering required, Master's degree in Civil Engineering with Geotechnical specialty strongly preferred;
- FE/EIT certification preferred;
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical and judgment capabilities;
- Ability to effectively work independently and in a team environment;
- Field experience with construction monitoring is preferred;
- Must be willing to spend 75 percent of working hours in the field;
- Possess a valid driver’s license; and
- Availability to work overtime.
We offer competitive compensation packages; full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance; 401(k)/Roth with company match; extensive training; buddy and mentoring programs; employee referral and professional license bonuses; educational reimbursement; and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer