See Terracon’s Safety Response to Covid-19 belowJob DescriptionAre you passionate about making a difference in your community? Terracon is growing and hiring a Regional Geotechnical Manager in our Sacramento, CA office! Our Sacramento office works on exciting projects including bridges and highways, airports, power generation and transmission, K-12 public school, community college project, private development of office buildings and distribution warehouses and slope stability geotechnical work. This position is for a professional engineer who will be responsible for planning, scheduling and coordinating Geotechnical specific work, as well as managing a region of teams in the northern California area. The successful candidate will be experienced in all phases of geotechnical and construction management efforts and have previous leadership experience. This position requires numerous business development efforts including client development meetings, proposals, reports to support existing clients and project portfolios that serve to expand our service offerings.
If your passion lies in working on projects that help your community, and if you're interested in belonging to an employee-owned organization that allows us to set our course together and benefit when our hard work creates financial success, then Terracon is your kind of company! We share your passion.
Essential Role and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate a commitment to follow safety rules, guidelines and standards for all projects for incident and injury free operations.
- Manage managers and staff within the NorCal region.
- Apply sound engineering principles and be able to communicate complex engineering issues and concepts to technical and non-technical clients and project teams.
- Direct business development activities of all department personnel to ensure that adequate fees are available to support the manpower on the payroll.
- Plan for and execute the recruitment, selection, training, mentoring, and development of all employees in the department.
- Set priorities, assign tasks, and coordinate project staff to meet project targets and milestones.
- Will be responsible for resource management, project scheduling, budgets and forecasts, and working with external vendors, subcontractors or contractors.
- Conducting client development activities and work with our team to develop a book of business in traditional geotechnical services for Sacramento.
- Provide excellent level of customer service.
- Design, communicate, and implement a project plan for completing the project.
- Ability to develop written proposals to clients for both small and large projects.
- Experienced in evaluating, and synthesizing complex laboratory and field data, and assembly in written reports.
- Lead technical training and make informed decisions based upon state-of-the-art technology issues.
- Promote continuous quality monitoring and improvement on projects. Monitor quality standards and practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering and a minimum of 10+years’ related experience;
- Have or be able to acquire certifications in state of California that may include:
- California Professional Engineer (P.E.) and (G.E.)
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
- The ability to lead, manage and mentor and develop subordinate engineers.
- Ability to travel out of town up to 10% of the normal work week.
- Possess strong writing & MS Office suite skills.
- Ability to work on a team and build networks across the Northern California marketplace.
#LI-SC1Terracon’s Safety Response to COVID-19Committed to Our Employee Safety!
Terracon is passionate about your safety before, during, and after the COVID-19 pandemic. As Terracon continues to move forward and grow through this time, we are continuing to take every precaution to ensure the safety of our employee-owners. If you are as committed to your success as we are committed to your safety, then Terracon is the company for you!
Our goal has not changed. For Terracon, our guiding principle has been and will continue to be the safety of our employee-owners. It’s that simple. We want our employees to be able to work safely in every situation and go home safely each night. As we continue our vision of being “Best at People,” here are some of the things Terracon is doing to safeguard every employee-owner:
- On-going communication with ALL employee-owners on a dedicated COVID Response page, and a portal for their families to have access to resources as well
- Requiring specific COVID-19 Pre-Task Safety Planning Protocols for all tasks and projects
- Empowering employees to speak up and say “no” to working in unsafe conditions
- Providing an additional 40 hours of sick leave to anyone impacted by COVID-19, including those impacted by daycare and school closures
- Offering voluntary reduced work schedule for anyone needing extra time to care for others
- Load leveling work assignments across regions to maintain high productivity and chargeability
- Ensuring proper PPE and sanitation on all project sites by providing field employee-owners with mobile hand washing stations and supplies, masks, and sanitizing kits
- Utilizing technology for more remote work opportunities and innovation using everything from video conferencing to drones
- Following all CDC guidelines including social distancing on job sites, in offices, and in our labs
- Implementing a stand-by leave program to ensure our employees continue service and health insurance benefits during regional work shortages
If your passion lies in working with a company that truly cares for your safety, and if you’re interested in belonging to a 100% employee-owned organization that will help you grow and quickly progress in your career, consider Terracon and apply today!About TerraconTerracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in more than 150 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.EEO StatementTerracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.