See Terracon’s Safety Response to Covid-19 belowJob DescriptionGeneral Responsibilities:
Manage all aspects of a facilities, materials, environmental, or geotechnical engineering project to ensure that it is safely completed on time and within scope and budget. Responsible for completing the project as per its contracted scope; monitor progress and performance against the project plan. Troubleshoot and recommend or resolve operational problems and minimize delays. May be responsible for resource management, project scheduling, budgets and forecasts, and working with external vendors, subcontractors or contractors. Conducts meetings and prepares reports to communicate the status of the project to project team and client. Set priorities, assign tasks, and coordinate project staff to meet project targets and milestones. May have responsibilities to communicate with the client and deliver work products to satisfaction of client. Coordinates effort with APR to make sure that APR has opportunity to engage throughout the project, particularly at critical junctures. Is involved with approving invoices, preparing change orders, and collections.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manage all aspects of a large scale and complex project.
- Works with client or NAM to define project scope, schedule and budget
- Leads interactions with client and stakeholders to ensure their goals are being considered in execution of the work
- Design, communicate, and implement a project plan for completing a project.
- Leads safety efforts including preparation and compliance with approved safety plan
- Resolve operational problems and minimize delays.
- Identify, develop, and gather necessary resources to complete the project.
- Prepare designs and work specifications; develop schedules, budgets and forecasts; select materials, equipment, project staff, and contractors.
- Estimate costs, resources, and time required to complete.
- Prepares forecasts for expenditures and manages scope, schedule to meet budget
- Monitor activities, allocate resources, and assign tasks to ensure targets are met.
- Partner with other departments or offices to secure specialized resources for the project.
- Conduct project meetings and prepare reports to communicate the status of the project within and beyond the project team.
- Coach and mentor project staff and assist them to solve problems.
- Coordinates with APR to ensure appropriate oversight is in place and sufficient time allowed for quality reviews
- Coordinates with accounting for financial management of business intelligence, invoicing and collections
- Develop understanding and be aware of project-related risk. Be familiar with what could go wrong on a project and how to protect the Company. Be familiar with company risk policies.
- Lead safety efforts for team and ensure team follows safety rules and guidelines. Responsible for creating and modeling a safe work environment; demonstrates safety practices. Promote pre-task planning for all projects.
- Promote continuous quality monitoring and improvement on projects. Monitor quality standards and practices. Engage APRs on projects at their onset.
- Bachelor’s degree in technical discipline practices by the Firm including Engineering, Environmental Science or Geology and a minimum of 10 years’ related experience. Or, in lieu of a degree, a minimum of 14 years’ related experience.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Professional Engineer (PE), Professional Geologist (PG) or similar professional registration/certification relevant to the type of services and projects being managed
- Authorized Project Reviewer status.
Terracon’s Safety Response to COVID-19Committed to Our Employee Safety!
Terracon is passionate about your safety before, during, and after the COVID-19 pandemic. As Terracon continues to move forward and grow through this time, we are continuing to take every precaution to ensure the safety of our employee-owners. If you are as committed to your success as we are committed to your safety, then Terracon is the company for you!
Our goal has not changed. For Terracon, our guiding principle has been and will continue to be the safety of our employee-owners. It’s that simple. We want our employees to be able to work safely in every situation and go home safely each night. As we continue our vision of being “Best at People,” here are some of the things Terracon is doing to safeguard every employee-owner:
- On-going communication with ALL employee-owners on a dedicated COVID Response page, and a portal for their families to have access to resources as well
- Requiring specific COVID-19 Pre-Task Safety Planning Protocols for all tasks and projects
- Empowering employees to speak up and say “no” to working in unsafe conditions
- Providing an additional 40 hours of sick leave to anyone impacted by COVID-19, including those impacted by daycare and school closures
- Offering voluntary reduced work schedule for anyone needing extra time to care for others
- Load leveling work assignments across regions to maintain high productivity and chargeability
- Ensuring proper PPE and sanitation on all project sites by providing field employee-owners with mobile hand washing stations and supplies, masks, and sanitizing kits
- Utilizing technology for more remote work opportunities and innovation using everything from video conferencing to drones
- Following all CDC guidelines including social distancing on job sites, in offices, and in our labs
- Implementing a stand-by leave program to ensure our employees continue service and health insurance benefits during regional work shortages
If your passion lies in working with a company that truly cares for your safety, and if you’re interested in belonging to a 100% employee-owned organization that will help you grow and quickly progress in your career, consider Terracon and apply today!About TerraconTerracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in more than 150 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.EEO StatementTerracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.