OverviewThe multi-billion dollar project scope will include: a new bridge-tunnel crossing, replacement of existing marine approach bridges, the addition of a third lane on 1-64 in each direction, and new bridge-tunnel complex that will accommodate 4 lanes of traffic for a total of 8 lanes of capacity across the water and is expected to conclude in 2025.
- Review project plans and proposals, then works with management to develop project objectives. Identifies project responsibilities by determining the phases and elements of the project. Calculates timeframes and sequences the stages of the project.
- Manage subcontract administration and permanent material supplier through monitoring of correspondence, issue change orders and pay sheet
- Reviews subcontractors; interviews and assigns personnel to specific phases and elements of the project. Through project coordination meetings and other forms of communication, oversees and coordinates the technical aspects of the project.
- Prepares and distributes a description and timeline of the project.
- Studies product design, customer requirements performance standards, then determines project specifications. Presents cost estimates and performance standards. Conducts tests assuring safe and satisfactory product performance.
- Prepares status reports and regularly monitors budgets, contractors and schedules. Allocates project resources appropriately; approves expenditures; employee contractor contracts. Keeps an accurate record and electronic database of all elements of the projects.
- Presents procedures, rules and regulations to those involved in the project; maintains a safe, clean and productive environment through enforcing procedures. Maintains project integrity and reputation through compliance with high standards of workplace safety, budgeting, employee supervision and personnel management and as well as engineering best practices.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or a related discipline from an accredited institution and 5+ years heavy civil projects experience or 7+ years heavy civil related experience and/or training
- Resource monitoring techniques (i.e. cost accounting, basic estimating) and construction technology, process systems and/or structures experience preferred