Reference NumberEEWRC_TSR_19_17Job DescriptionThe Cyprus Institute (CyI) is a non-profit research and educational institution with a strong scientific and technological orientation, emphasizing international collaborations, cross-disciplinary research, innovation, and post graduate education. CyI, through its established research centres, addresses challenging issues that are important at both the regional and international levels. Many of its research activities are being carried out in partnership with leading institutions in the respective thematic areas. The Solar Energy and Desalination Group is seeking to recruit a Researcher in Thermal Sciences, to contribute in the research activities of the recently approved project “Nanomaterials for reduced maintenance costs in CSP plants”. The research activities foresee investigating the performance of soiling on CSP plants, evaluating anti-soiling coatings, and analysis of field O&M costs. The position will be in the rank of Post-Doctoral Fellow or Associate Research Scientist, depending on candidate’s qualifications and experience, for a fixed term period, renewable depending on performance and availability of funds.The annual salary will depend on the applicant’s experience and qualifications.ResponsibilitiesThe successful candidate, will participate in the research activities of the Solar Energy and Desalination Group in EEWRC, and in particular will carry out the following activities:
- Develop specifications for and anti-soiling coating characteristics
- Evaluate mirror soiling and mean field reflectivity
- Modeling, analysis, design and optimization of overall energy system configurations
- Publishing and communicating research findings, drafting of project deliverables.
Job RequirementsRequired Qualifications
- PhD in any of the following: Mechanical Engineering, Energy Engineering, Physical Sciences, Thermal Sciences (PhD emphasis on fluid mechanics and thermal processes)
- Academic track record (publications, presentations at international conferences)
- Two (2) years, including PhD in relevant field
- Modeling of mechanical systems, CFD, energy systems models
- Statistical analysis
- High level of organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
- High level of communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to adapt in a multicultural environment
Preferred QualificationsTwo (2) year- experience in CSP systemsApplication/ContactFor full consideration, interested applicants should attach a letter of interest, CV and the names of two contactable referees (all documentation should be in English and in PDF Format). For further information, please contact Aris Bonanos (email@example.com). Recruitment will continue until the position is filled. Please note that applications which do not follow the announcement’s guidelines will not be considered.