Patrick is a national engineering and design, construction, management services, and technology firm. Since 1979, we have been providing services to local, state, and federal government agencies; private and public utilities; and FORTUNE 500 companies. Having worked in all 50 states, six different countries and proven ourselves as a trusted partner, clients turn to us for the entire process of project delivery - from planning through construction to operation and maintenance. Patrick accomplishes this with a full suite of engineering disciplines, experienced construction managers, program management and project controls experts, and GIS and asset management technology specialists. We serve clients in the transportation, utility and renewable, industrial infrastructure, and federal and institutional markets. We take pride knowing the projects we work on have a positive effect on the community, society, and the environment. We have the following position available:Sr. Geotechnical Engineer(Lisle or Chicago) Patrick Engineering is seeking a Senior Geotechnical Engineer to lead our geotechnical practice. The person in this role will be responsible for leading a team of professionals in completing all aspects of geotechnical and materials engineering for public and private projects including bridges and retaining structures, embankments and dams, temporary structures, and all types of foundation systems. Under his/her direction the team will perform simple and complex geotechnical calculations, complete designs, and prepare technical specifications and reports. This is a career opportunity to become a member of a highly successful, fast paced company with a steady and growing backlog of exciting projects. Responsibilities:
- Manage a team of geoscience professionals.
- Interface with clients and develop proposals for services.
- Scope, Schedule and Fee for projects.
- Technical competency of Geosciences Team.
- Training and mentoring of staff.
- In responsible charge of geoscience deliverables.
- Profit and Loss of the Geoscience Team.
- Growth of Geosciences business.
Skills & Requirements:
- Excellent technical and professional engineering skills commensurate with years of experience
- Strong safety focus and attention to detail
- Excellent plan and specification reading skills
- Organization skills to prioritize multiple demands
- A proactive, collaborative approach with project team members and clients
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to manage a team of professionals
- Master of Science in Geotechnical Engineering from an accredited university or college is preferred; Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering with a strong geotechnical background is also acceptable.
- 15+ years of relevant work experience; Professional Engineering License required. NCEES record a plus.
- Experience in design and construction – design/build experience a plus
- Strong computer skills, specifically Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook; experience with AutoCAD; experience with geotechnical specific software such as g/INT, GEOSLOPE, L-PILE preferred.
- Self-starter who can engage others and foster a team environment.
Patrick does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or agencies. Any resume submitted to any employee of Patrick without a prior written search agreement will be considered unsolicited and the property of Patrick. Please, no phone calls or emails. Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Policy Statement
It is the policy of Patrick Engineering Inc. (“Patrick”) to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy) national origin, age, disabilities, marital status, sexual orientation, genetics military status, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, other protected veterans (veterans who served during a war or in a campaign or expedition for which a badge has been authorized), and Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. We are strongly committed to this policy and believe in the concept and spirit of the law.