Job TitleBIM Modeler Drafter - StructuralAdded2020-07-01Reporting CenterLA StructuralCityLos Angeles, CACompanyKPFF Consulting EngineersJob DescriptionTitle: BIM Modeler Drafter - Structural Position SummaryKPFF Los Angeles Structural is looking for Structural BIM Modeler who is self-motivated and eager to deepen their knowledge of modeling structures while gaining valuable experience. Our staff work in a team structure that allows frequent collaboration and connection to all layers of our organization, from interns to Principals. We foster a culture where our staff collaborate outside of the project work through social events, educational programs and technical training. We provide numerous opportunities for professional growth, learning, and teaching. Individual accomplishments and successful projects determine your future at KPFF, and your dedication and talent will drive your career here. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- This role reports to the Modeling Team Leader and will serve on several project teams.
- Support for Structural Modeling Staff
- High Proficiency in Revit Structure
- Understanding the use and editing of Revit families
- Develop skeleton structural drawing set with minimum to moderate instructions from Project Engineer.
- This includes setting plans, elevations, sections, assembly of general notes, detailing.
- Pick up mark-ups as instructed by Project Team.
- Adhering to KPFF BIM Standards.
- Point of contact for receiving information from project engineers to distribute work to the modeling team.
- Responsible for critical and complex portions of the modeling tasks and how these tasks are maintained and developed in the project.
- Responsible for coordinating and meeting BIM deadlines, including recommending the required modeling hours to meet the deadlines.
- Database input/updates.
- Information gathering and organization.
- Other support on an as-needed basis.
- Ideal candidates are aware of industry trends, software, and technology. Interested in developing new skills and tools for themselves and assisting in training their peers.
- Excellent written English & verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate succinctly and effectively.
- Proficiency in Autodesk Revit Structure All Versions – the rate of proficiency relative to experience level.
- Ideal candidates have 1-10 years’ experience as a Drafter or Modeler.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and any other AutoDesk product is a plus but not required.
- Proficiency in Sketch-Up is a plus but not required.
- Experience in Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Experience in Bluebeam Revu/Adobe PDF software required
- A High School Diploma or GED is required.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Due to COVID 19, this job temporarily requires responsibilities to be conducted remotely.
- Duties may also be performed in a normal office environment while sitting at a desk or computer table.
- Duties require the ability to utilize a computer, communicate over the telephone, and read printed material.
Our EmployeesAre valued and empowered, collaborative and team-oriented, innovative in their approach, and passionate about their work. They are reliable, trustworthy, and open with a high level of integrity. They value diversity, are inclusive, and are committed to critically thinking through problems and finding solutions. Our CompanyKPFF Consulting Engineers provides civil and structural engineering services to architects, government agencies, developers, contractors, and institutional clients. Our Los Angeles Structural office maintains a warm and friendly environment and is located at 7th and Flower in the Bloc in downtown Los Angeles. We are dedicated to growing with our employees and allowing people to pursue their passions. KPFF is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce.Min. Experience1Min. EducationHigh School / GEDSpecialtyNoneJob TypePermanent