Company OverviewCME is a multi-talented and multi-disciplined engineering technology corporation that provides Construction Materials Evaluation and Technical Support Services to owners and professionals engaged in design, construction and maintenance of buildings and infrastructure. CME's services are provided by and under the responsible charge of in-house licensed professionals and certified technologists.SummaryThe Division Manager is responsible for day to day operations that ensure our work environment, facility, and business demeanor will promote and be committed to: Quality of Service, Customer Service, Career Advancement & Personnel Development, Safety, Corporate Policy and Philosophy. The ideal candidate will have Management Experience in Construction, Engineering or Consulting and direct knowledge of Time and Materials, On-call / As-needed service industry.Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintain a positive working environment conducive to promoting teamwork, creativity and positive morale.
- Promote and market CME services to existing and potential clients through courtesy calls, site visits and regular project updates.
- Review RFPs from clients and promptly prepare proposals and bids in accordance with CME’s standards.
- Review contracts for staffing compliance, ensuring qualified technical staff is available and scheduled accordingly.
- Consistently perform and document all customer service inquiries, quality service checks and job progression.
- Plan for present and future projects based on current work load and staffing capabilities.
- Creation, training and maintenance of training programs that delivers professional development and engagement of staff.
- Partner with Corporate Human Resources for hiring and performance management.
- Peer review reporting and submittals.
- Mentor and manage a team with technical and administrative staff.
- Work directly with Divisional staff to ensure client and CME reporting processes are met.
- Consistently and routinely report project progress and difficulties encountered in fulfillment of duties.
- Realistically budget resources for future development and market fluctuations.
Qualifications and Skills
- Associate Degree in Civil Engineering / Technology or related, or Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, or commensurate education and industry certifications.
- Engineer-in-Training (EIT) Certification, is ideal.
- Professional Engineer (PE) License, is desirable, but not necessary.
- Minimum of 2 years in Management and Supervision of Construction Materials Testing and Inspection Services.
- Strong leadership and excellent communication skills.
- Experience with human resource selection, retention, and development.
- Ability to effectively multi-task and think logically in stressful situations and still provide the highest level of service.
- Ability to maintain respectful interpersonal relationships with our clients and employees.
- Ability to resolve issues and conflicts with corporate staff on matters of loss prevention, conflicts of interest, job-site confrontations and client non-responsiveness.
- Ability to travel, 25% day time travel, occasional overnights.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license that meets or exceeds CME’s driving requirements.
Benefits and PerksCME offers competitive wages and all benefits listed here: Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Health Savings Account, Supplemental Insurance Products, and Paid Time Off (including Holiday, Vacation, Sick and Personal). All benefits become available to eligible employees upon completion of an eligibility period.This is an Equal Employment Opportunity. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. CME Associates, Inc. is an Affirmative Action Employer.A New York State Certified Woman Owned Business Enterprise (WBE).