Company OverviewCME is a multi-talented and multi-disciplined engineering technology corporation that provides Construction Materials Evaluation and Technical Support Services to owners and professionals engaged in design, construction and maintenance of buildings and infrastructure. CME's services are provided by and under the responsible charge of in-house licensed professionals and certified technologists.SummaryThe Senior Geotechnical Engineer is responsible for managing geotechnical projects, geotechnical report preparation, peer review of geotechnical reports, geotechnical specification writing, and performing basic and complex geotechnical calculations. The Senior Geotechnical Engineer will also be a mentor to junior geotechnical staff.Responsibilities and Duties
- Direct and execute geotechnical project assignments including complex engineering analyses, report preparation, field exploration and laboratory analysis.
- Be thoroughly engaged in loss prevention and limitation of liability on geotechnical assignments.
- Provide mentorship to Staff Engineers (E.I.T.’s and PhD’s) and help to professionally develop said engineers.
- Evaluate ground conditions and understand their impact on design and construction.
- Perform shallow and deep foundation designs and slope stability analyses.
- Perform deep foundation analysis for various types of piles (such as helical piles, mircopiles, driven steel/timber piles, drilled piers/shafts), including WEAP analysis.
- Geotechnical design of shoring and bracing systems such as soldier pile lag walls, sheet pile walls, cellular coffer dams, secant pile walls, etc.
- Geotechnical design of tieback anchors and rock anchors.
- Geotechnical design of retaining walls such as segmental retaining walls, cantilevered retaining walls, gabion walls, reinforced earth walls, etc.
- Conduct seismic studies such as site class determination, liquefaction analysis, site-specific spectral response analysis, liquefaction induced settlement analysis, etc.
- Conduct group pile analysis, soil-pile interaction study and lateral load and deflection behavior analysis.
- Develop and manage geotechnical laboratory testing programs.
- Review requests for proposals (RFP’s), develop and finalize proposals, and act as division liaison
- between clients and CME.
- Attend geotechnical special inspection (S.I.) and project kick-off meetings; monitor and supervise geotechnical (S.I.) programs during construction.
- Peer review geotechnical reports prepared by other CME geotechnical engineering staff.
- Regularly communicate with clients to ensure quality of work, exceptional staff performance, and address client concerns and expectations.
- Actively participate in professional and technical organizations.
- Understand and follow company policies and procedures.
Qualifications and Skills
- BS degree in Civil Engineering. Masters and PhD in Geotechnical or Civil Engineering preferred, but not mandatory.
- Registration as Professional Civil Engineer in New York State within 30 days of employment.
- 15+ years of relevant experience required.
- Ability to interact with client and design team during design and construction phases of a project.
- Proficient in project management with proven ability to meet business goals.
- Strong background in soil mechanics with extensive knowledge of geotechnical analyses and laboratory testing of soil.
- Be able to process data efficiently and be able to solve problems on job sites efficiently.
- Extensive experience and understanding in the provision of geotechnical engineering recommendations/soil parameters for shallow and deep foundations, pavements, site preparation and site mitigation.
- Demonstrated knowledge of geotechnical engineering software.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Driver’s License that meets or exceeds CME’s driving
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Benefits and PerksCME offers competitive wages and benefits such as: Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Health Savings Account, Supplemental Insurance Products, and Paid Time Off (including Holiday, Vacation, Sick and Personal) for full time employees. This is an Equal Employment Opportunity. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. CME Associates, Inc. is an Affirmative Action Employer.A New York State Certified Woman Owned Business Enterprise (WBE).