The passion, creativity and determination of our talented staff makes McLaren Engineering Group one of the top engineering firms in the country. We offer our employees a creative work environment with a dynamic culture and competitive benefits. Our collaborative, innovative atmosphere brings numerous opportunities for professional growth.
We have an immediate opening for a Senior Associate Bridge Engineer in our New York, NY office location. Overview: The primary function of the Senior Associate will be to serve as lead engineer on projects of various sizes and complexity. This candidate will be involved in and complete all phases of structural bridge project development including planning, scheduling, inspection, analysis, design and technical specifications and reports. He/she will work with a team of multi-disciplined engineers and would also provide technical guidance to CAD Designer/Drafters and Junior Engineers. This position will include both project management and project engineering duties.
Typical duties and Responsibilities:
- Designs a complete project or component of a project.
- Formulates and solves problems. Designs and conducts analyzes and interprets data.
- Assigns, reviews and evaluates work for technical accuracy.
- Plans and coordinates detailed aspects of the engineering work.
- Supervises staff necessary to complete assignments.
- Provides direct supervision and mentors junior staff.
- Interacts daily with staff.
- Prepares scopes, budgets and schedules for assignments.
- Assists with and/or prepares proposals for professional engineering services.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering with a structural emphasis. Master’s degree in Civil or Structural Engineering preferred.
- P.E. License
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in railroad, highway and pedestrian bridge design, and load rating. Bridge inspection experience is preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of NYSDOT, LIRR and Metro North Railroad standards.
- Knowledge of AASHTO LRFD and AREMA design methods, standards, and specifications.
- Knowledge of Deltek Vision is a plus.