The passion, creativity and determination of our talented staff makes McLaren Engineering Group one of the top engineering firms in the country. We offer our employees a creative work environment with a dynamic culture and competitive benefits. Our collaborative, innovative atmosphere brings numerous opportunities for professional growth. We are currently seeking a Senior Structural Engineer to be based out of our Orlando, Florida office location. Overview: The Structures Division is a highly collaborative team that strives to innovate to meet our clients’ goals most effectively. We work on a wide range of projects types, including but not limited to: mutli-family wood-framed mid-rise buildings; low-rise and mid-rise commercial structural steel buildings; specialty structures; construction engineering; waterfront structures and concrete; entertainment venues, casinos and theater spaces; technical peer reviews; structural renovations; feasibility studies; and forensic analysis and litigation support. We expose all of our engineers to as many different technical areas as possible and allow them to experience the full breadth of the design process, continuing into the construction phase to allow them to maximize their potential as engineers and their growth prospects within the firm. Responsibilities:
- Performing structural analysis of various building elements and systems comprised of reinforced concrete, structural steel, masonry, wood, and aluminum for both gravity and lateral loading conditions.
- Serve as the engineer in responsible charge for assigned projects.
- Coordinating the structural design with architectural and MEP trades.
- Lead the organization and preparation of structural plans and specifications for construction documents.
- Lead staff engineers in the design process from schematic design through the completion of construction.
- Perform QA/QC reviews of project work performed by staff engineers, including but not limited to: drawings, specifications, investigations, and technical reports.
- Pursuit of professional development and marketing efforts through attendance of outside technical seminars and networking events.
- Help foster new client contacts and business opportunities and maintain existing client relationships.
- Assist in the technical and professional development of junior and staff engineers through formal and informal training efforts and mentorship.
- Coordinating the structural design details with architectural and MEP designs.
- Review shop drawings, RFI’s, and performing site visits during the construction phase.
- Ability to coordinate drafters and other engineers to produce AutoCAD and Revit drawings for bid and construction documents for buildings.
- Working directly with clients to ensure client satisfaction throughout the project duration.
- Monitoring project budgets and track change orders on a case by case basis.
- 8-15 years of experience in structural design and detailing of high rise, low rise, mid-rise commercial and multi-family, residential buildings.
- Experience in leading the preparation of construction document plan drawings, plans, schedules, details and specifications.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering with structural emphasis.
- Master’s degree in Structural Engineering preferred but not required.
- Current Florida Professional Engineer License.
- Experience with AutoCAD and Revit required.
- Knowledge of IBC and State Building Codes required.
- Strong Project Management skills are required. Must be able to manage a variety of project types and sizes, serve as the client point of communication and direct the design team.
- Ability to develop key client relationships.
- Demonstrated Excel and Structural Analysis software (RAM Structural System, RISA 3D, SAP2000, ETABS, SAFE) skills.
- Ability to multi task and work well in a team focused environment.
- Strong organizational skills and communication skills.
- Professional approach and demeanor.