SCS Engineers is an employee-owned environmental consulting and contracting firm that designs and implements sustainable environmental solutions. We just celebrated our 50th anniversary as a company on April 1, 2020! Our core capabilities are: solid and hazardous waste management, landfill gas, environmental due-diligence and assessment, brownfields redevelopment , site remediation, renewable energy, and regulatory compliance for businesses and municipalities responsible for protecting our air, water, and soil. Our employees take pride in their work, and together, we have the singular vision to be the environmental firm of choice for clients and our employee owners. If you thrive in a friendly, collaborative company and desire dynamic and challenging work among a team of innovative individuals, then SCS is the place for you. Are you up for the challenge?Job SummarySCS Engineers is seeking a mid-level engineer in the Clive, Iowa office to perform various activities related to environmental consulting. The ideal candidate will be a quick learner and self-motivated, eager to learn, embraces teamwork, and has the desire to grow and develop professionally. Responsibilities include engineering and design drafting, preparation of grading and drainage plans, attending and participating in client and project meetings, and working with office staff. This position has an opportunity for a leadership role in developing an office culture in a growing office. Project responsibility will have a primary focus on solid waste management, including landfill gas, landfills and landfill infrastructure, composting, and other projects, which may require design, engineering, permitting, construction and/or operations support. Experience on general environmental work – Phase I’s, Phase II’s, storm water permitting, etc. are also a plus.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Applies intensive and diversified knowledge of engineering and scientific principles and practices in solid waste assignment areas and related fields.
- Prepares engineering calculations, drawings, reports, and permit applications.
- Makes decisions independently on engineering or scientific problems and methods, plans and coordinates work, and represents the company at meetings and conferences.
- Field work performed in varied terrain and weather will be required, including but not limited to, surveys/data gathering, CQA for soil and geosynthetic material installations, inspections, etc.
- Office based tasks including but not limited to: CAD drafting, grading and profiles and volumes using Civil 3D, mathematical calculations, report writing, creating site plans and facility diagrams, permit applications, etc.
- Business development including but not limited to: meeting with clients and attending industry related conferences/trade shows.
- Receives technical guidance on unusual or complex problems and supervisory approval on proposed plans or projects.
- 20% travel expected
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Engineering, Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering or Geotechnical Engineering required.
- 5 to 10 years of relevant experience such as Resident Engineer or other demonstrated consulting experience, business specific to the solid waste industry, including landfill gas management, air compliance, and landfill design and permitting, etc. required.
- E.I.T. required and Iowa P.E (civil) registration or ability to obtain within 6 months preferred.
- Competent with using MS Office and other computer software normally used in environmental consulting. Experience with using AutoCAD Civil 3D design software preferred.
- Valid driver's license with a driving record in good standing required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a requirement.
At SCS, you will have an opportunity to contribute to our strategic direction, help us continue to grow, and provide our clients with responsive, innovative, high quality client service. We offer excellent opportunities for career advancement and a competitive compensation package, including: medical, dental, vision, 401K, ESOP, Student Debt Employer Contribution Program, paid holidays and PTO.SCS Engineers is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). SCS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disabled status.If you have questions, difficulty using our online system and/or you need an accommodation due to a disability then please contact us about your interest in employment at email@example.com.